Find the Right Resume Templates for Nurse Practitioners
Our Nurse Practitioner Resume Templates have been designed to give you the edge when it comes to design.
See Why Resume Seed Has a 5-Star Resumes
If you’re applying for a new job or switching careers, Resume Seed can help you craft your next best resume.
They have unique set of templates for every professional field. Highly recommended.
Dr. Waqas Ahmad
How to Write a Nurse Resume
The most important or attention grabbing part of the resume is your career summary. That’s the first thing a recruiter or a hiring manager would read, apart from your cover letter.
Make sure you capture your experience, achievements and highlights of your career well that add value to the job you’re applying for.
Here are some examples for inspiration:
1. Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist with a demonstrated history of working in the hospital & health care industry. Skilled in Anesthesia in Level 1 Trauma and Critical Care, Regional Anesthesia/Peripheral Nerve Blocks, and Spanish (Bilingual – fluent). Strong healthcare services professional with a Master of Science (M.S.) focused in Nurse Anesthesia from Westminster College.
2. Experienced and certified critical-care RN with exceptional communication skills and a unique background in media, technology and medical ethics.
3. Experienced Registered Nurse with a demonstrated history of working in the hospital & health care industry. Skilled in Medication Administration, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and Patient Safety. Strong healthcare services professional with a Bachelor of science in nursing focused in Health care from Purdue University Northwest.
4. An RN with a unique background in the clinical and sales arena. My approach to business merges both my experience in product sales, business to business account management, and hands on clinical care and education in the hospital setting. Enthusiastic about quality client care with decisive leadership and creative/efficient problem solving.
5. Experienced Director Of Nursing/Surgical/Peri-Operative Services with a demonstrated history of excellence in the hospital, outpatient, nursing home & home health care industry. Skilled in HealthcareManagement, Quality Improvement/Performance Improvement, CMS, AAAHC, JCAHO standards of care, Infection Control and Nursing Education. Strong healthcare services professional with a BSN focused in Healthcare Management and Quality Improvement.
6. Registered Nurse with one year experience and 5 years of LPN experience with a demonstrated history of working in the hospital & health care industry. Skilled in Phlebotomy, Disease Management, Patient Advocacy, Medication Administration, and Patient Education. Strong healthcare services professional. I take pride in the care I provide to each client. It is my drive and passion to ensure each client has a positive memorable experience.
7. As a Family Nurse Practitioner, I have devoted my 40+ years career to serving my patients. I strive to improve Healthcare for Individuals, their Families and Communities. I have experience as a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Nurse, Adult Detoxication, Therapeutic Crisis Interventions and Care of In-Patient in Crisis. I promote a mind, body, and spirt wellness. I am a Healthcare Consultant and Life Coach. I encourage non-pharmacolgical methods to reduce Stress, Reduce Weight, and Treat Pain Issues.
8. I am a BSN-prepared registered nurse currently working in an acute inpatient psychiatry setting. I obtained my ADN degree from Bellevue College and most recently graduated from University of Washington’s BSN program. My particular interests lie in the field of global and community health, mental health care delivery, and health education.
9. I’m licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in NJ & PA. I’m certified as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) in NJ. I have over 2 years of full-time RN experience and have over 2 years of EMT experience in NJ. I have two bachelor’s degrees from Rutgers University in Public Health and Nursing. I have extensive experience with teamwork and problem solving through my healthcare experiences. I’m looking for opportunities to learn new things and build upon my experiences. I have transferrable skills to any customer-facing role and have an extensive background in high-intensity situations through my work as a 911 EMT and an ICU RN.
10. Experienced Registered Nurse with a demonstrated history of working in the hospital and health care industry. Skilled in Medication Administration, Team Building, Medical Compliance, Management, and Healthcare Management. Strong healthcare services professional with a master’s of jurisprudence focused in Health care law from Widener University School of Law.
Below are a few NP resume samples that you can use for inspiration in crafting your own resume.
1. Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample
- Perform physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Provide written and verbal home-going instructions.
- Collaborate with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary.
- Prescribe or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Refer patients to other providers for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Correctly identify medication: action; dosage; side effects and implications for the patients.
- Maintain medical records.
- Inform and educate patient and family to enable participation in their care.
2. Aesthetic Registered Nurse Resume Sample
- Deliver stimulating learning experience through lecture, open discussion, and hands-on training of medical staff.
- Provide superior patient care; perform patient consults and medical aesthetic treatments: Laser Hair Removal, Laser Tattoo Removal, Photofacial (IPL),
Fraxel Skin Rejuvenation, Laser Vein Removal, Clear and Brilliant, Thermage, Velashape, Coolsculpting, and Injectables (Botox, Xeomin, Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, Juvederm Voluma, Radiesse).
- Extensive experience with: Alma, Cynosure, Solta, Syneron, Astanza, Allergan.
3. ICU/IMU Registered Nurse Resume Sample
- Manage up to three intermediate care patients and assess, plan, evaluate, manage, and coordinate their care with these various services as well as the ICU team.
- Patient population include Hematology, Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant, ENT Oncology, Gen Surg Oncology, Gyn Oncology, Urology and others.
- Duties include administer chemotherapy and high-dose Interleukin 2 therapy while titrating compensatory drips to maintain vital signs and manage negative symptoms of IL-2 therapy, administer medications, both oral and IV, manage multiple central lines and provide central line care, admit and discharge patients directly from the unit, transfer to higher acuity oncology ICU, and monitor the progress of both medical and surgical oncology patients.
- Duties also include carrying code pager and responding to codes for entire hospital, and floating to other ICU’s within U of U system (Surgical, Medical, Burn Trauma, and Neuro).
4. Family Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample
- Provide primary care and family medicine services to underserved communities.
- Collaborate with providers, medical assistants, integrated behavioral health, and medical scribes to provide seamless patient centered care within safety net.
- Diverse skills in caring for newborn/pediatric, women’s health, adult, and geriatric populations.
- Experienced in concise electronic medical record documentation.
- Subdermal contraceptive implant insertions and removals.
- Conversational in Mandarin Chinese; able to complete head to toe assessments in Spanish.
5. Paediatric Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample
- Conduct physical examinations, gather medical histories, order and interpret lab results, prescribe and manage medications, and administer/score developmental, emotional, and behavior scales (i.e., CBCL, SCQ, and Vanderbilt).
- Accurately chart and document interactions with patients.
- Volunteered to serve on the Childcare Pilot Study team, establishing policies and procedures, managing day-to-day operations, and administering the ASQ, ASQ-SE and MCHAT; driving an increase in statewide screening to identify developmental delays and behavioral/developmental disorders at various Daycare Centers.
- Complete clinical rotations across Pediatric Genetics, Neurology, Telehealth, and NICU Follow-up Clinic.
- Work with parents and schools to ensure Individual Intervention Plans are in place to address children’s needs.
- Educate parents on managing the diagnosed medical condition. Co-lead a parent group on managing defiant behaviors in children with ADHD.
- Participate in weekly peer-to-peer teleconsultation through Distance Learning Collaborative, Pediatric Grand Rounds, and weekly fellowship didactics.
6. Nursing Student Resume Sample
- Interested in Intermediate Floor Pediatric Nursing.
- Currently completing preceptorship at UNC Children’s: Hematology/Oncology
- Completed clinical rotations at: Duke Hospital 5100 (Pediatric Hematology/Oncology), Duke Regional Hospital Labor & Delivery and Postpartum Care units, Duke Regional Hospital 5100 (General Medicine), Burlington PACE, UNC 8 Bedtower (Geriatric and General Medicine).
- Participated in Global Clinical Immersion Experience at Barbados Ministries of Health Polyclinic.
7. Director of Nursing Emergency Services
- Improved Epic EMR utilization by nursing staff to improve trauma documentation (68% November, compared to 30% paper utilizing Quadramed).
- Recruited staff and developed pipeline for new personnel, reducing vacancies by 50% within 1 quarter.
- Successfully transitioned nursing personnel into exclusively opening the visit within the Epic EMR, previously completed by registration staff.
- Involved staff in updated policies & procedures to cover nursing documentation and nursing practice.
- Updated job descriptions to align with NYS mandates of emergency nursing services.
- Facilitated & sponsored, Shared Governance Council for ED.
- Led staff to reduce walk out rate by 4% points, within 2 quarters, from 7-8% during Epic go live to just under 2.5% by end of 2019.
- Led staff to reduce incidents of extended wait times from 3-4 hours post triage to less than an our in the adult emergency department.
- Established a framework for improved communication between direct care staff and nursing leadership
- Directly instructed a triage training program that involved, 4 – 5 hour instruction on ESI, direct care triage orientation, and plan for monthly triage review (over/under triage).
Make sure you mention all your core nursing skill sets on your resume in order for the recruiter or the hiring manager to get an accurate picture of your capabilities.
You can also segment your skill sets based on the different levels of proficiencies, in case you feel there are additional skills that can really add value to the job you’re applying for.
- Critical care
- Hospital management
- Healthcare management
- Patient safety
- Acute care
- Case management
- Elder care
- Patient advocacy
- Inpatient care
- Basic life support
- Community outreach
- Medication administration
- Critical care
- Paediatric nursing
- CPR certified
- IV therapy
- Direct patient care
- Emergency nursing
- Post anaesthesia care
- Infection control
- Wound care
- General surgery
- 12 lead EKG
Writing Tip #1: To catch the eye of a hiring manager, the first step is to dig deeper into the job description. Since the role of a nurse practitioner is relevant across different areas such as hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, etc, ensure that you understand the unique needs of the specific job role you’re applying for and fill in your resume with relevant experience accordingly.
Writing Tip #2: Ensure that you list down all your past achievements and provide all details that may be relevant to the job you’re applying as an experienced nurse practitioner. A resume that is complete with achievements and academic awards can help you stand apart among all candidates.
Writing Tip #3: There should be ample amount of detailing in your registered nurse resume to ensure that it isn’t passed up in favor of a candidate that took the pains to explain their experience, degrees, licensing, certification and continuing education credits. Check our resume examples below to get fresh ideas.
Writing Tip #4: Choosing the right template makes for a great first impression. You need to ensure the nurse practitioner resume template that you choose reflects your personality via the template – let’s say you need an entry level nurse practitioner resume template or a new graduate nurse practitioner resume template, find one from the above nursing resume templates that best reflect your personality.
Make sure there are absolutely no typos or grammatical errors. This probably seems like a simple tip, but you’d be surprised just how many nurse practitioners, even experienced ones make these mistakes. And this can set a not-so-good first impression, even if your resume template is a gorgeous one.
Below is an illustration of a nurse practitioner resume sample which answers the most important aspects of writing a strong resume. These resume examples will help you in your job search.
Example Of A Good Objective
By writing an objective statement, you create a good first impression on the hiring manager. This is especially effective when you’re responding to an advertised job description. The way to write a good nurse practitioner objective statement is to customize it as per the needs of the company as outlined in the job description.
Your objective statement should clearly state what value do you bring to the organization’s job role you’re applying to by highlighting your experience and skills.
Just think about all the difference you’re making to your current hospital as a NP and your value towards patient care. Then think about how this current experience can be applied to the role you’re applying for specifically.
There are different types of resumes that you can write and one can be a skills-based resume. And when you’re a trained nurse practitioner, you accumulate some hard skills over a period of time, through experience in a hospital or a medical facility. And apart from the hard skills, equally important are soft skills that are required to give good patient care.
A good resume is that which highlights a mix of both hard as well as soft skills. Mention skills even on your new-grad nursing resume, those that you accumulated during clinical rotations.
Some of the skills for experienced and entry-level NP can be patient care, critical thinking, crisis prevention, assessing patients, empathy, telemetry, etc.
The ResumeSeed Difference
1, 2, 3 Page Templates
All our resume templates have 1 page, 2 pages and 3 pages options, unlike free resume templates.
Our resume templates are 100% editable via Microsoft Word, unlike the ones from resume builders.
Our resume templates are battled-tested in the market among recruiters and hiring managers, even for landing a 6-figure job.
Get 20% Off Today!
Subscribe today and receive 20% off on any resume template. We
promise to send emails you will love.