Engineering Resume Template
and Samples for 2021
Find the Right Engineering Resume Template
If you’re currently updating your resume or looking for a job, these engineering resume examples will provide you inspiration.
We’ve compiled engineering resume samples from some of the top engineering professionals that are currently employed in top jobs across the country.
Download our latest and the most popular engineering resume template or check out more resume templates below.
Our Customers Love Us
How To Write An Engineering Resume (With Samples and Examples)
Below are a few engineering resume samples for your reference. There are different options from summary to professional experience, depending on your engineering degree and job role.
The following are, but not limited to:
- Electrical engineering resume examples
- Mechanical engineering resume examples
- Civil engineering resume examples
- Audio engineering resume samples
- Biomedical engineering resume samples
You can customize your engineering CV by taking inspiration from these and also following the job description closely to address those specific areas to capture the attention of the hiring manager.
Engineering Resume Objective Examples
1/ Electrical/Electronics Engineer professional seeking an entry level position with a leading company in the electrical mechanical engineering industry that offers a challenging career, and room for growth.
2/ Experienced Electrical Engineer with a demonstrated history of working in the renewables and environment industry. Skilled in SCADA, O&M, Analysis also know the tools like Matlab, Microsoft Word, Control Systems Design, and Electrical Machines. Strong engineering professional with a Master’s Degree focused in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
3/ Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with a demonstrated history of working in the mechanical or industrial engineering industry. Skilled in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, CATIA, Computer-Aided Design (CAD), and Engineering.
4/ Senior Mechanical Engineer with project management experience in developing consumer electronics, pro-audio, medical devices, and durable goods, among other industries. 22 years of experience designing injection-molded plastic, sheet metal, extrusions, tubing, castings, CNC machined parts & assemblies, mechatronics & electro-mechanical component integration, and retail packaging using 3D CAD, DFMA principles, & design for quality & reliability using GD&T, DFMEA, EVT, DVT, PVT, and ISO principles. Extensive experience working in cross-functional teams and interfacing with vendors & manufacturers, resulting in successful product launches.
5/ Chemical Engineer with 10+ years of experience in project management, quality control and quality assurance (QA/QC), research projects. Skilled in the development and management of capital investment projects in the oil & gas industry. Experienced in alternative energy solutions, laboratory practices, and production infrastructure design.
6/ Acoustics Engineer in the Consumer Electronics industry with deep experience in loudspeaker and earphone acoustics, prototyping, testing, and measurement. Known for being ambitious, dependable, innovative, and able to learn quickly. Strengths include problem solving, resourcefulness, and a passion for audio.
7/ Engineer in Training with five (5) years of general civil design experience for on-site and off-site improvements to land development projects. Currently in process of obtaining professional engineering license. Work well with others, show great responsiveness with strong sense of initiative and urgency to meet deadlines.
TIP: Read our resume objective guide for examples on how to craft an impressive first impression.
Examples of Engineering Skills
- Data acquisition using NI (National Instruments).
- Data acquisition using WINDAQ (DATAQ Instruments).
- Programming in LabVIEW for Real time display.
- Design and Development of Embedded Projects using ARM 7 and ARDUINO.
- Analysis of the data using DADiSP.
- Data Processing using MATLAB.
- FEED engineering
- Material and energy balance
- Process flow diagram (PFD)
- Hydraulics and line size calculation
- ASME and API codes and standard
- Panel operation (PLC Rockwell)
- Numerical simulation for product design, development, verification, and validation.
- Data analysis and visualization
- Multiphase Flow modeling, Particulate flow, Combustion flow modeling
- Optimization and feasibility studies using numerical solution methods to improve processes and operations.
- Facilitate scope change, workflow development, issue resolution, work forecasting, and planning
- Structural Analysis using commercially available software codes.
Engineering Professional Experience Samples
ABC Engineering Ltd
Engineering Intern – October 2017 – September 2018
- Analyzed mechanical requirements to determine feasibility of design.
- Created 3D CAD models and drawings for an LNA module using CATIA V5.
- Performed Design for Manufacturability (DFM) on parts for various fabrication methods, including machining, sheet metal fabrication and injection moulding.
- Applied mechanical problem-solving skills to develop creative solutions for quality products.
- Read and interpreted blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports.
- Prepared Bill of Materials.
XYA Solar Energy Inc
Electrical Engineer – March 2015 – August 2018
- Installed different instruments on machines, set their parameters according to user requirement.
- Preparation of cable tray layouts, conduit embedded and installation layouts, equipment layouts, earthing and lightning system layouts and preparation of single line diagrams and also execution of them in site.
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturer’s specification.
- Read and interpret plans, schematics, process control flow diagram, network drawing and wiring diagram.
- Troubleshooting and resolving the Electrical malfunctioning, VFD (AC and DC Drives) and PLC.
- Design & Planning of Electrical works including LV distribution system, Lighting and Power.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus & repairs of motors, relays, switches, sensing devices.
Technical Engineer – September 2012 – February 2015
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of semiconductor fabrication equipments like Mask Aligners, ICPRIE, RIE-Etching systems, CVD-Deposition systems, Flip chip bonder, Diffusion Furnace, Wet chemical bench, Gas Sorption system, Spin/Spray coaters, Scribers, Sputtering system, Wire bonders, etc of well known companies.
- Planning the facilities and pre-installation requirements for the above equipments.
- Coordination of pre-installation and post-installation follow ups with the principle company and the customer.
- Trained on Evaporation and Deposition systems.
- Trained on Mask Aligners.
Example Energy, Inc
Process Engineer – March 2016 – Present
- Assisted in basic and detailed engineering of chemical industry projects to lead process engineer (FEED Engineer).
- Preparation of Process Flow Diagram (PFD) and material and energy balance.
- Preparation of piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID) and validating and Line List.
- Preparation of instrumentation list.
- Preparation of Equipment Process Data Sheet (PDS).
- Sizing of control valve and preparation of Instrumentation Process Data sheet (IPDS).
- Pump and line hydraulics calculations of process and utility line.
- Technical troubleshooting in plant operation and process optimization.
- Selection and design of equipment as per knowledge of ASME, API codes and standards and process requirement.
- Effluent treatment load calculation and ETP and pre-treatment plant (PTP) optimization.
Below are some of the role specific engineering resume samples.
Mechanical Engineer Resume Sample
- Designed mobile device products for sale worldwide with experience on products that have had millions sold.
- Exceeded requirements from other groups including industrial design, marketing, sourcing, operations, testing, repair.
- Utilized Catia R19 to develop plastic / metal part design, surfacing, sheet metal, drawings ASME Y14.5-1994 standard.
- Strengthened designs with fundamentals such as Tolerance Analysis, Cpk / Ppk, FAI, FEA, Gage R&R, GD&T.
- Strived to create products with great quality, reliability, and manufacturability by working closely with suppliers to develop excellent tool and assembly design – traveled to international locations to troubleshoot and inspect suppliers.
- Represented mechanical group while attending prototype builds to solve problems with assembly and quality.
- Maintained large scale manufacturing, solved factory and field error issues, and conducted design change cost analysis.
- Developed collaborative R&D work solutions with suppliers to shorten design process /reduce internal personnel costs.
- Created countless out of the box solutions by working well with others and doing what it takes to solve open issues.
Senior Electrical Engineer Resume Sample
- Design Responsible Engineer Authority (REA) for IRAD Circuit Card Assembly (CCA).
- Integration Product Team Lead (IPTL) for electromagnetic near-field capital project.
- REA for RF subsystem design, mechanical, & team of multi-disciplined engineers.
- Completed analysis, design, and verification of Exciter & Receiver CCA from requirements flow down to proof of manufacturing hand-off; 100% passing with margin.
- Resolved long-standing phase noise spurious under vibe root cause with corrective action.
- Designed and developed RF low noise Phase Lock Loop circuit card through entire design cycle; including requirements flow down to hardware validation.
- Mentor junior and senior electrical engineer for Exciter & Receiver design.
- Design and analysis for PCBA’s, electrical sub-systems, and product systems.
- Presented long-standing root cause and corrective actions to senior management and CEO.
- Mentor and advise EE, Jr EE, Manufact Eng, Sr Mechnical Eng, & Interns.
- Grow company level of technical innovation, weekly Think Tank, and educational papers.
- Technical reviews, project management, and direction for sub-contract design.
Civil Engineer Lead Resume Sample
- Perform calculations using up-to-date software programs to design plan site grading and drainage, including stormwater structures design.
- In charge of equipment foundation design, pipe racks and supports, related to the structural components of standard compression, gas process and LNG plants.
- Review structural stress analysis calculations, blast resistant designs.
- Verify structural steel and concrete drawings showing area plans, sections, and details. Revise structural fabrication and vendor drawings.
- Review and approve structural design, drawings, quantities for payment, commissioning and punch list for the offshore facilities.
- Review engineering deliverables, material, quantities, take-off, construction estimates for EPC Contractors.
- Manage civil and structural site superintendents. Ensure that civil and structural design, construction and test plans are code compliant.
- Develop and maintain engineering standards related to structural steel and concrete design.
- Review, evaluate and analyze: 165,000 cubic meter liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage tank, marine & offshore structures, LNG trenches and troughs, including hydraulics calculations.
- Monitor performance of sub-contract engineering firms to ensure codes, company and industry standards are met or exceeded (ASCE, ACI, OSHA, CFR, IBC, AISC, AWS, NFPA, FERC, etc.).
- Represent FLNG in direct interface with the JV and Owner’s Scope contractors.
- Monitor and notify any unsafe environmental situation that may affect any workers.
- Ensure top quality work that will enable long-term reliable operation of the facility.
- Review, evaluate and redesign civil infrastructure for roads, ponds, drainages, sewers and underground structures.
- Interface with construction to resolve design and constructibility issue. Request for Information (RFI) and Non Conformance Reports (NCR) based on engineering codes and calculations.
Chemical Process Engineer Resume Sample
- Providing engineering assistance to the plants and site primarily through technical projects.
- Led and supported process and equipment changes to enable an existing manufacturing plant to produce a new product.
- Worked with several departments to accomplish a successful production trial.
- Identified and implemented various Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Productivity, and Improvement projects across different plants to meet Operations, EHS, and Growth needs.
- Proposed new standards and created samples for Knowledge Management and Built In Quality (BIQ) efforts.
- Contributed to Plant-wide updating of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID).
- Contribute to the Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) revalidation of several plants.
Audio / Acoustic Engineer Resume Sample
- Lead a 3-member team to deliver audio and acoustic solutions across all products.
- Established an in-house audio lab from the ground up for testing speakers, headphones and microphones.
- Innovated the first ported enclosure speaker system for a mobile device, which resulted in two patents – US 9118992 B2 and US 20140190763 A1(pending).
- Designed audio solutions for mobile products all of which were reviewed by multiple tech magazines to be the best-in-class for audio.
- Assisted in developing custom DSP algorithms for speaker protection and DRC that increased bass extension and loudness by 50% and saved $500,000 in BOM cost.
- Collaborated closely with speaker manufacturers and contract manufacturers for custom speaker and enclosure development.
- Conceptualized and documented design, qualification and debug procedures for fan & component noise testing for all products.
- Proposed various design optimizations for fans on graphics cards to reduce broadband noise and prominent discrete tones by up to 10dB.
- Studied the vibrational behavior of components and fans using a Laser vibrometer to detect source of noise and qualify components, which reduced failures by 80%.
- Implemented the first production line acoustic test of graphics cards that resulted in less than 1% RMA.
The ResumeSeed Difference
1, 2, 3 Page Templates
All our resume templates have 1 page, 2 pages and 3 pages options, unlike free resume templates.
Our resume templates are 100% editable via Microsoft Word, unlike the ones from resume builders.
Our resume templates are battled-tested in the market among recruiters and hiring managers, even for landing a 6-figure job.
Get 20% Off Today!
Subscribe today and receive 20% off on any resume template. We
promise to send emails you will love.