DevOps Resume Template
and Samples for 2021
Find the Right DevOps Resume Template
The first and foremost step towards landing a lucrative DevOps job is to write an impressive resume. And this guide provides you all the inspiration and resources to craft an impactful DevOps Engineer Resume.
We’ve compiled some of the top DevOps resume samples for your inspiration. These are all real world examples from DevOps engineers that have landed top jobs.
The top 5% and highest paid DevOps engineers use a custom designed resume template.
Want in on the 5% of the top jobs?
Download one of our latest and top DevOps resume template today.
Our Customers Love Us
DevOps Career Objective Samples
1/ I’m a DevOps engineer specialized in high traffic and high profile websites. As a DevOps engineer, I work on application deployment, continuous delivery, continuous integration, CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure automation with tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins and Vagrant.
2/ Certified AWS Solution Architect – Associate with seven years of IT experience as a Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Linux Administrator, Systems Engineer in SCM, Build/Release management with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery/Deployment as an iterative process and automation of infrastructure including end-to-end code configuration using different tools and services like AWS, Azure, OpenStack, and PCF.
3/ 7+ years of experience in CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) process and experience with the latest cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure. Compelling experience in DevOps, Build & Release and Configuration management and Automation on Unix/Linux based system Administration, working on different environment including Red Hat Enterprise, Centos, Ubuntu and Windows platforms.
4/ Skilled DevOps Engineer with 2+ years of Hands-on experience supporting, automating and optimizing mission critical deployments in AWS, leveraging configuration management and DevOps principles. Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams. Exemplary communication skills and a strong engineering professional with a Master of Science (M.S.) focused in Computer Science from University of Illinois.
5/ DevOps Engineer on a growing IT team that manages an international corporate network and a low latency live streaming service to serve IoT exercise bicycles for virtual spin classes. Experience in automation of DevOps processes without sacrificing security or speed.
6/ DevOps Cloud Architect and Engineer with more than seventeen years of diverse experience creating custom solutions, Cloud DevOps Implementations, Virtualization, and scalable web applications. Proven ability to solve complex problems with limited resources, on time, and within budget. Retained key clients in high pressure and politically charged situations by identifying and creating unique solutions, thereby maintaining revenue. Industry leading blend of cutting edge DevOps Cloud operation, and system integration. I’m passionate about Containers, Container Orchestration, Infrastructure automation and Cloud Solutions.
TIP: Read our career objective guide for examples on how to craft an impressive first impression.
Key DevOps Skills Examples
- Cloud: Azure, AWS
- Tools: Kibana, VOM, Nagios, RVA, Docker, Soap UI and Wireshark.
- Version control system: Git and Confluence.
- Virtualisation Software: Vagrant.
- Server Configuration (Samba Server, DNS, Apache Web Server, Mail Server, Squid Proxy, DHCP Server, NFS, NIS, SSH, FTP, Iptables (Linux firewall), YUM Server, Postfix server, Exim server).
- Firewall: Sophos and Iptables.
- Implementation of File and Storage Management (RAID, LVM and ACL Quota).
- Backup and Recovery, Job Scheduling, Kernel Customization and Troubleshooting, Symantec DLO and backup excel.
- VMware workstation.
- Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MongoDB
- Operating System: Windows, Linux (Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu)
DevOps Engineer Professional Experience Examples
Below are samples from across DevOps roles with varying experience levels and those that have worked in different types of companies.
Use these only as inspiration, but these DevOps resume samples will give you enough insights into how you should craft yours to make an impact on the recruiter or the hiring manager.
1. Senior DevOps Engineer Resume Sample
- Owned Agile processes and organized sprints
- Maintained, documented, and improved development, staging, and production environments
- Managed projects involving cross-discipline, distributed teams.
- Conducted engineering meetings.
- DevOps and Infrastructure (Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, AWS, GCE, Grafana, Kibana).
- Front-end development (React, Relay, GraphQL, React Native)
- Back-end Development (Mongo, Redis, Elasticsearch, Mailgun, Redshift, Node).
- Mobile Product Manager (React Native, CodePush, Sketch)
- Developed and launched cross-platform React/React Native apps (Node.js, ES7, Meteor).
- Owned Data Ops: ETL, Warehousing, Analytics, BI, DB Admin (Redshift, Mixpanel, Segment).
- Built and maintained both internal and customer-facing infrastructure (AWS, Compose, Atlas).
- Deployment management with Ansible, Puppet and Capistrano.
- Configuration of the continuous integration/delivery and deployment of Hybris (SAP) projects on Linux platforms using automation tools (Ansible and Puppet), Jenkins and Docker.
2. DevOps Engineer Resume Example
- Configuration of the continuous integration/delivery and deployment of EZpublish PHP projects on Linux platforms using Capistrano, DCOS, docker and Jenkins.
- Migration from SVN to Git.
- Management and creation of Jenkins deployment scripts based on Pipeline/Groovy.
- Version control support using Git/Gitlab.
- Maintaining the automatic continuous delivery system.
- Migrating applications to AWS from scratch for Zero downtime, high availability and fault tolerance.
- Worked on setting up AWS accounts per environment and configured VPC respectively with public and private subnets.
- Experienced in setting up hybrid model with AWS and on-premises and used AWS DirectConnect service to setup dedicated line connections.
- Configured AWS services like S3, IAM, CloudFormation, Autoscaling, ELB, Cloud Watch, Lambda, SNS and DynamoDB for supporting web application operations.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Maintained SSO integration to AWS Console according to company standards.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbook to configure servers, maintain dynamic inventory and application deployments.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages
- Experienced with Atlasssian BitBucket as code repository. Managed Git flow workflow, repository access control, security and backups.
3. DevOps Software Configuration Management Engineer Resume Sample
- Designing builds from scratch and maintenance of existing builds.
- Automating build processes using Ant, Python, Bash, among others.
- Maintenance of CM tools (ClearCase, ClearQuest, Jenkins, Klocwork, Git, Stash, Jira etc.).
- Managing various Wiki sites (MediaWiki, MoinMoin Wiki).
- Writing triggers (Hooks) for various CM tools using: Java, Bash, Batch, Perl, etc
- Automating Stash processes using Groovy.
- Deployment to Microsoft Azure.
4. DevOps Engineer Resume Sample
- Design and maintenance of internal and external Cloud-Based Solutions.
- Designed and Built continuous integration solutions using Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Created Jenkins Pipeline from scratch till production.
- Expert in performance monitoring tools like Iaas, AWS cloudwatch and stackdriver.
- Regular Build jobs are initiated using the Continuous Integration tool with Jenkins.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development QA UAT and Production.
- Created continuous integration system using Ant, Jenkins, Puppet full automation, Continuous Integration, faster and flawless deployments.
- Wrote ANT Scripts to automate the build process.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, install shield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
5. Senior Cloud / DevOps Engineer Resume Sample
- Experience with Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Azure Storage, SQL, Azure, Azure Active Directory, application insights, and logic apps.
- Managed host Kubernetes environment, to deploy and manage containerized applications without container orchestration expertise.
- Utilized Kubernetes service to deploy a managed Kubernetes cluster in Azure and created an AKS cluster in the Azure portal.
- Designed strategies for optimizing all aspects of the continuous integration, release and deployment process using container and virtualization techniques such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like continuous deployment, application server setup, stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Implemented Ansible Tower for managing complex network deployments by adding control, knowledge, and delegation to Ansible powered environments.
6. Senior Automation Engineer / DevOps Resume Sample
- Leading team in E2E automation of 6 Application Migration Strategies CI/CD in early cloud.
- Designed automation Process flow for ALM, Git, Bitbucket, CI/CD with teraform platform.
- Leading team in migrating manual test cases in to automation with BDD platform for cross browsing, POM and run in Jenkins with Azure, AWS with post deployment in CI/CD.
- Expert in automated test suites in Ready API’s with SOUPUI calls in to Rest API for middleware.
- Developed System with JAD session, test Cases, MOM, use cases, Jira, TestNG, AWS and Jenkins.
- Expert in Manual Test Cases, automation, selenium with Functional, Regression, PTE Test execution.
- Expert in browser and server side test automation with UFT, LeanFT on field edits with Jenkins.
- Expert in integrated containerization and troubleshooting in CI- CD, Ant, and Docker.
- Leading team with project management tools (JIRA, Jenkins, Selenium, SharePoint, Visio).
- Expert in OnBase Application System for risk and Record Management with Legal Search and Hold and release statements in Collection, Destruction, Enterprise Context management for E2E development.
- Worked with Admin, networking, Scripting, CI-CD pipeline, Integration with Dev Validation, Code review, extreme programming, code refactoring, setting API Pipeline for Legal troubleshooting.
- Worked with performance tools like Load Runner, J Unit, Perfecto, API development, production support.
7. DevOps / Cloud Engineer Resume Sample
- Automated the Docker Images creation from Docker files and deployed the Docker containers in Kubernetes.
- Setup Continuous-Deployment pipelines that deploy Java applications in Kubernetes cluster Dev Environment.
- Worked with Docker containers and Kubernetes on AWS cloud, helped to bridge the gap between developers and operations by providing the same environment with the help of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Worked on System and Application Monitoring using Icinga and Prometheus tools. Setup Prometheus for K8 operation and Icinga on all servers and hosts for the accurate update and reduced false alarms.
- Utilized Kubernetes as a platform to provide a platform for automating deployments, scaling and operation of application containers across a cluster of hosts.
- Managed deployment of micro-services using Kubernetes, Docker and Helm charts for service mesh to create and configure production environment.
- Expertise in writing Splunk Queries to search, monitor, analyze and visualize Splunk logs.
- Experience in alert handling, standard availability and performance report generation. Experience in root cause analysis of post-production performance related issues through Splunk tool.
- Installed Prometheus Alert manager to monitor the alerts. Installed SNMP monitoring and used Prometheus Exporter to extract the SNMP data and setup alerts to monitor to reduce the downtime.
- Used Ansible playbooks to deploy and Configured Icinga for monitoring. Setup Alert manger and monitored all the servers and hosts to maintained accurate update. Configured Icinga to remove the false alarms.
- Utilized Ansible and AWS lambda, elastic cache and CloudWatch logs to automate the creation of log aggregation pipeline with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana stack (ELK stack) to send all our team’s logs coming into CloudWatch, to process them and send them off to Elasticsearch.
8. Junior / Entry-Level DevOps Resume Sample
- Work seamlessly with Engineering, QA, and Operations teams to effectively manage application code.
- Cultivate and communicate engineering best practices.
- Provide Deployment framework.
- Support test environment.
- Provide Application Monitoring Framework.
- Provide Framework for health checks for production applications.
- Support Source control management tools (Git, Bitbucket and Github Enterprise).
- Support Application & dependency versioning (Maven and Artifactory).
- Provide Continuous integration framework (Jenkins and Docker).
- Provide Test execution / automation framework.
- Provide Application change visibility framework.
The ResumeSeed Difference
1, 2, 3 Page Templates
All our resume templates have 1 page, 2 pages and 3 pages options, unlike free resume templates.
Our resume templates are 100% editable via Microsoft Word, unlike the ones from resume builders.
Our resume templates are battled-tested in the market among recruiters and hiring managers, even for landing a 6-figure job.
Get 20% Off Today!
Subscribe today and receive 20% off on any resume template. We
promise to send emails you will love.