Words simply cannot express the role that a teacher plays in a child’s development and their future.
If you’re currently employed as a teacher and looking for your next job or applying for your first job, we have tremendous respect for you and thank you for your service.
While you’re focused on a child’s development, we want to provide tools that can help YOU in your career development – and below is just an example.
We’ve put together some of the most popular teacher resume templates on our platform (you can download today) that will help you attract the hiring manager and bring you a step closer to landing your dream job.
Be sure to check out the teacher resume samples and examples too below to know how to write an effective resume. All our teacher resume templates are fully customizable in Microsoft Word – on PC and MAC.
Remember, you only need ONE resume template to land that dream job.
#1 Download The Most Popular Teacher Resume Template
The following resume template is our Number 1 teacher resume template – whether you’re a elementary school teacher, preschool teacher or high school teacher, irrespective of your experience and skill level. Download this resume template and you can customize it completely.
#2 Download The Favored Teacher Resume Template
If you do not have much of experience in the teacher profession, you can give the hiring manager more details on your skills and capabilities. You can quantify the number of students you taught in your last class, even if it were for summer camp. This is great as a preschool teacher resume template, elementary teacher resume template, or even as a music teacher resume template.
#3 Vibrant Music Teacher Resume Template
This resume template adds color to your existing personality as a music teacher and complements really well in showcasing your skills and experience. While this is great as a music teacher resume template, it can also be used by preschool and elementary school teachers.
This resume template fits in really well even with an art teacher resume, yoga teacher resume or a dance teacher resume.
#4 Impress With This Iconic Resume Template For Teachers
Are you currently a substitute teacher, looking for your next permanent role? Make your substitute teacher resume stand out when applying for a job with this resume template that you can download and fully customize today. It helps you highlight your skills and certifications prominently.
#5 Get The Point Across Effectively With A Clean Teacher Resume
This teacher resume template is as effective as our #1 teacher resume template in helping your profile stand out. It doesn’t matter if you’re a new teacher or an experienced one, this resume template is as effective for all teacher roles.
#6 Oliver or Olivia Software Teacher Resume Template
All our teacher resume templates are gender neutral, so feel free to customize the Word file and use as per your preference. This resume template also adds a bit of color to your teacher resume.
#7 Download Teacher Resume Template
This resume template is our choice among the color-splashed teacher resume templates that will highlight your years of experience or skill level effectively.
#8 Stand Out With This Teacher Resume Template
Don’t think since this is positioned at the 8th position that it may be any less effective. This teacher resume template is as effective as the others – think of it as a matter of preference. Choose the one resume template that really reflects your personality.
Teacher Resume Samples
We’ve put together a collection of teacher resume samples and examples from some of the best teacher resumes that you can find, with highlights, experience and skills for all teaching levels.
If I were to give you the one most effective resume writing tip, it would be to take inspiration from the below teaching resume samples and examples and fill your resume template based on your experience and skills.
Career / Professional Summary
1/ Educator, advocate, and consultant, skilled in Classroom Management, Lesson Planning, Educational Technology, and Instructional Design. Promote the rights of children with disabilities, enabling students and their families to access the supports and services they need to succeed in school and to engage in all childhood experiences. Have the knowledge and the ability to provide instruction (including modeling) related to the implementation of evidence-based practices appropriate for classroom use and individual students.
2/ Experienced high school math teacher with a successful history, strong pedagogical, communication and math skills, adept at creating highly engaging, accessible and graduated educational materials, including ample and varied supports. Have published mathematical papers featuring a finding and original proofs, literary essays and short stories. Also, have documented over 100 ways to calculate pi (π), by limits, sums, products, continued fractions, integrals and trigonometric functions.
3/ Attended the University of North Dakota from 2009-2013. Graduated in 2013 with a Bachelors in Elementary Education & TESOL. After graduating from my bachelors program, I pursued a masters degree. Graduated from UNF COEHS in Spring 2015 with a Masters degree in Special Education. FL certified teacher and am employed as an ESE teacher.
4/ Teacher with a demonstrated history of working in the education management industry. Skilled in K-12 Education, Customer Service, Classroom Management, Lesson Planning, and Educational Technology. Strong education professional with a Master of Education (MEd) focused in Childhood Education and Teaching from City University of New York City College.
5/ Experienced Music Teacher with a demonstrated history of working in the primary/secondary education industry. Strong education professional skilled in Choral, Piano, Lesson Planning, Educational Technology, and Instructional Design.
- Lesson planning
- Curriculum development
- Special education
- Curriculum mapping
- Curriculum design
- Classroom management
- Elementary education
- Teacher training
- Interdisciplinary teaching
- Educational technology
ABC School, XYZ ISD, NYC
English Teacher – September 2018 – Present
- Designed lesson plans for the seventh grade English team for both regular English classes and Pre-AP English classes.
- Helped facilitate the weekly Professional Learning Community (PLC) for the content team.
- Collaborated with the instructional technologists to identify effective educational technology tools and strategies for the English content.
- Prepared and led professional development for the campus.
- Effectively communicated to parents and students on a daily basis.
- Helped plan and coordinate a field trip for the mentoring group of two hundred students.
- Used technology and collaborative activities to engage students in the learning process (inverted classroom and digital portfolios).
Acme Middle School, Acme ISD, Texas
Teaching Assistant – August 2017 – December 2017
- Use technology to provide scientifically based lesson plans following the guidelines of Individual Education Plans.
- Assisting with teaching Foundational Learning.
- Managing a class of 10 students.
- Teaching fundamental skills including but not limited to money management, grooming skills, preparing for future employment, plus the core curriculum.
- Managing classroom behavior is my strength.
- Maintain each student’s right to confidentiality.
MNO Elementary School, Boston, MA
Special Education Teacher – January 2012 – March 2014
- Teach core curriculum and social skills to children labeled with Emotional Disturbances.
- Use of technology to create scientifically based lesson plans.
- Manage a classroom of 6 at risk students and a Teaching Assistant.
- Maintain confidential records such as Individual Education Plans online and hard copy.
- Developed and maintained schedules for each student and the Teaching Assistant.
- Provide students with Individual Education Plans scientifically based education in small groups and in the general education setting.
- Collaborate with general education teachers to modify lessons and support teachers and students in the classroom.
- Use technology to develop/maintain IEPs and scientifically based lesson plans.
- Maintain each student’s right to confidentiality.