As a job seeker that’s looking for a software engineering role in a company, make sure your resume stands out when applying directly to the company or via a recruiter.
That’s where a resume template adds the cherry on the cake that’s required to attract attention. Our software engineer resume templates have been widely downloaded and preferred by software developers and hiring managers too.
Be sure to check out the resume samples and examples for software engineering below to know how to write an effective resume. All our software developer resume templates are customizable in Microsoft Word.
Remember, you only need ONE to land that dream job.
#1 Download The Most Popular Software Engineer Resume Template
The following resume template is our Number 1 software developer resume template, irrespective of your experience and skill level. Download this resume template and you can customize it completely.
#2 Download The Preferred Software Developer Resume Template
Highlight the key skills, educational background (such as computer science) and experience with this resume template and attract the attention of the hiring manager instantly.
#3 Vibrant Resume Template For Software Engineers
The following resume template adds color to the software engineering profession, and directs the attention of recruiters to all the key areas of your profile that need to be highlighted.
#4 Iconic CV Template For A Software Engineer
We like to call this CV template iconic just because of the creative use of icons to draw attention to the important aspects of a resume. Don’t forget to include a cover letter with your job application.
#5 Clean Software Engineer Resume Template
This effective and clean looking resume template is just as popular as our Number 1 resume template.
#6 Oliver or Olivia Software Developer Resume Template
All our software developer resume templates are gender neutral so feel free to customize and use as per your preference.
#7 Download Software Engineer CV Template
Here’s another CV template for software engineers that showcases the key strengths with a splash of color.
#8 One Of The Best Software Developer Resume Template
This resume template, while showcased on the 8th position, is still among our best resume templates for software developers.
Software Engineer Resume Samples
Below are a few samples for software engineers or software developers to get inspiration in writing an effective resume template.
Of course, you would have to pick the most relevant one and customize the resume template based on your own experience, skills and knowledge.
Career / Professional Summary
1/ I am a Principal Software Engineer in XYZ Bank’s Core Engineering team working on big data analytics and real-time data processing with tools such as Apache Metron, Apache NiFi, Apache Zookeeper, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Apache Druid, Apache Cassandra, Apache Hadoop, among others. I have in-depth knowledge of the complete software development lifecycle: requirements analysis, design, implementation and testing.
3/ I am a service-oriented leader with an engineering and mathematics background. I strive to bring value to the world through my engineering skills, mathematical understandings, and leadership abilities. I learn, improve and work harder every day to create more and more value for the world.
- Object-oriented programming
- Java, Python, C#, PHP
- Mobile Development: Android & iOS
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Bootstrap
- JSON, XML
- Node.js, Expressjs
- Apache, Nginx, IIS
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Magento, WordPress, Drupal
- Firefox Dev Ed, Chrome DevTools, QUnitjs, Selenium, HP UFT
- AWS, Microsoft Azure, Firebase
- Django, Spring, .Net
- Matlab, R, Data Analysis, Data Modeling
- Agile Methodology, Scrum
- Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Jira, VersionOne
ABC Bank, NYC, NY
Senior Software Engineer – September 2015 – Present
- Design and implementation of a new Wikia distributed software platform based on service oriented architecture (SOA), which significantly reduced cost of releasing, scaling and maintaining software.
- Development of REST API services framework, which reduced time of creating new services from days to hours. Enabled engineers to create standardized services, that are fully monitored, properly tested and can be continuously deployed to production.
- Leading development of authentication service that is one of first standalone services in our organization to open door for further architecture change and drive user activity.
- Android application development (Game Guides, Community Apps).
- Continuous integration of android applications – Development of internal mobile tools.
- Mobile skin and search development.
- Introduced REST API resources for cross platform usage.
Acme Solar Energy, Inc
Software Engineering Intern – August 2017 – December 2017
- Implemented Authentication and CRUD functions when logging and operating the Dashboard, maintained an intuitive user experience for the UI.
- Followed the industrial Agile and SCRUM development methodologies.
- Ended up with the Git Indicators of Over 120 personal Commits, and Over 21k lines of personal Code Additions.
XYZ, Inc, Boston, MA
Software Developer – January 2012 – March 2014
- Built and maintained a data-driven Django web application that generates reports of critical global manufacturing processes and applicable regulations.
- Wrote, tested, debugged, and documented robust python code in an agile environment.
- Analyzed user stories, derived requirements and implemented the derived feature sets.
- Developed RESTful API with 15+ routes for CRM system with Python, Flask, and PostgreSQL, allowing venture capital firm employees to access and contribute to data on company business relationships.
- Optimized DB schema by 30 percent through architecting polymorphic table for tagging every entity type using PostgreSQL, which enabled all entities to be tagged similarly and then accessed together on a separate page.
- Implemented autocomplete for users, companies, and tags with jQuery-Autocomplete to create new posts.
- Achieved 88 percent coverage of codebase through designing 50+ unit tests for API routing using Python unit test.