With around 80% of companies expected to adapt DevOps methodology in the coming years, the DevOps engineering job market is booming.
If you are looking to start or shift your career in any of the DevOps roles, you are on the right track and your job search duration will not last long.
The first and foremost step towards landing a lucrative DevOps role is to write an impressive resume.
Below are 5 of the most popular DevOps engineer resume templates that will help you stand out and receive interview calls from hiring managers.
Be sure to check out the DevOps Engineer resume sample below to get an idea of how to write the perfect resume.
#1 Download DevOps Engineer Resume Template
Our most popular and #1 downloaded DevOps engineer resume template is the following that’s helped many senior DevOps engineers and even DevOps freshers land their dream job. This resume template is preferred by hiring managers as much as by DevOps engineers. Be sure to add a cover letter to this resume template before applying for the job.
Remember, you only need ONE resume template to land a job.
#2 DevOps Engineer Resume Template
Whether you’re an AWS DevOps engineer or Azure DevOps engineer, this template works for all roles and responsibilities to highlight key skills. You can add your LinkedIn profile link to the top section or replace it with your GitHub ID to give the hiring manager the extent of your experience and capabilities.
#3 DevOps Resume Template
This resume template brings color to the DevOps engineering resume template. Often times helpful in your job search if you really want to stand out from the other applicants. Of course, this must reflect your personality too.
#4 Download DevOps Resume Template
Download this straightforward DevOps resume template with a bit of a design flair that grabs a hiring manager’s attention too.
#5 DevOps Engineer Resume Template
Another very clean and popular resume template that gets the message across very clearly. If you’re looking for a simple, yet powerful resume template, this is the one for you.
DevOps Engineer Resume Sample / Example
Once you’ve downloaded a resume template from above, there are certain challenges when it comes to putting in the right content and being able to highlight the right skills.
Below is a DevOps resume sample or a DevOps resume example, whatever you may call it, that will help you craft a perfect resume. Use what’s relevant to your experience and background.
Career / Professional Summary
I’m a DevOps engineer specialized in high traffic and high profile websites. As a DevOps engineer, I work on application deployment, continuous delivery, continuous integration, CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure automation with tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins and Vagrant.
- Cloud: Azure, AWS
- Tools: Kibana, VOM, Nagios, RVA, Docker, Soap UI and Wireshark.
- Version control system: Git and Confluence.
- Virtualisation Software: Vagrant.
- Server Configuration (Samba Server, DNS, Apache Web Server, Mail Server, Squid Proxy, DHCP Server, NFS, NIS, SSH, FTP, Iptables (Linux firewall), YUM Server, Postfix server, Exim server).
- Firewall: Sophos and Iptables.
- Implementation of File and Storage Management (RAID, LVM and ACL Quota).
- Backup and Recovery, Job Scheduling, Kernel Customization and Troubleshooting, Symantec DLO and backup excel.
- VMware workstation.
- Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MongoDB
- Operating System: Windows, Linux (Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu)
ABC Systems, NYC, NY
Senior DevOps Engineer – March 2017 – Present
- Owned Agile processes and organized sprints
- Maintained, documented, and improved development, staging, and production environments
- Managed projects involving cross-discipline, distributed teams.
- Conducted engineering meetings.
- DevOps and Infrastructure (Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, AWS, GCE, Grafana, Kibana).
- Front-end development (React, Relay, GraphQL, React Native)
- Back-end Development (Mongo, Redis, Elasticsearch, Mailgun, Redshift, Node).
- Mobile Product Manager (React Native, CodePush, Sketch)
- Developed and launched cross-platform React/React Native apps (Node.js, ES7, Meteor).
- Owned Data Ops: ETL, Warehousing, Analytics, BI, DB Admin (Redshift, Mixpanel, Segment).
- Built and maintained both internal and customer-facing infrastructure (AWS, Compose, Atlas).
- Deployment management with Ansible, Puppet and Capistrano.
- Configuration of the continuous integration/delivery and deployment of Hybris (SAP) projects on Linux platforms using automation tools (Ansible and Puppet), Jenkins and Docker.
XYZ Bank, Atlanta, GA
DevOps Engineer – October 2015 – February 2017
- Configuration of the continuous integration/delivery and deployment of EZpublish PHP projects on Linux platforms using Capistrano, DCOS, docker and Jenkins.
- Migration from SVN to Git.
- Management and creation of Jenkins deployment scripts based on Pipeline/Groovy.
- Version control support using Git/Gitlab.
- Maintaining the automatic continuous delivery system.
- Migrating applications to AWS from scratch for Zero downtime, high availability and fault tolerance.
- Worked on setting up AWS accounts per environment and configured VPC respectively with public and private subnets.
- Experienced in setting up hybrid model with AWS and on-premises and used AWS DirectConnect service to setup dedicated line connections.
- Configured AWS services like S3, IAM, CloudFormation, Autoscaling, ELB, Cloud Watch, Lambda, SNS and DynamoDB for supporting web application operations.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Maintained SSO integration to AWS Console according to company standards.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbook to configure servers, maintain dynamic inventory and application deployments.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages
- Experienced with Atlasssian BitBucket as code repository. Managed Git flow workflow, repository access control, security and backups.
DevOps Software Configuration Management Engineer – August 2013 – September 2015
- Designing builds from scratch and maintenance of existing builds.
- Automating build processes using Ant, Python, Bash, among others.
- Maintenance of CM tools (ClearCase, ClearQuest, Jenkins, Klocwork, Git, Stash, Jira etc.).
- Managing various Wiki sites (MediaWiki, MoinMoin Wiki).
- Writing triggers (Hooks) for various CM tools using: Java, Bash, Batch, Perl, etc
- Automating Stash processes using Groovy.
- Deployment to Microsoft Azure.