The best and the most popular professional business analyst resume templates are those that have been adopted by job seekers and favored by hiring managers.
That’s the mark of a resume template that’s done its job well – helped you land your dream job as a business analyst.
Below are some of the most downloaded, popular business analyst resume templates you can download today and use instantly to apply for jobs.
These popular resume templates provide great results and can be used as:
- Senior business analyst resume template
- Junior business analyst resume template
- Entry level/fresher business analyst resume template
- Intern business analyst resume template
- IT business analyst resume template
- Technical business analyst resume template
- Healthcare business analyst resume template
- Salesforce business analyst resume template, and
- Agile business analyst resume template
Remember, you only need ONE to land that dream job!
#1 Business Analyst Resume Template
This business analyst resume template has been widely downloaded by business analysis professionals with all years of experience – from a fresher to a senior business analyst.
#2 Senior Business Analyst Resume Template
This resume template works very well for a senior business analyst that’s currently seeking a job opportunity. This helps you stand out when a hiring manager is reviewing your job application. This resume template also works for business analysts across grades and industries.
#3 Technical Business Analyst Resume Template
This resume template brings some color and vibrancy to a technical business analyst’s profile and job application. This resume template clearly helps them stand out from the rest of the job applicants when a hiring manager is reviewing their application.
#4 Download Business Analyst Resume Template
This resume template can be downloaded for job applications in a wide variety of business analysis roles.
#5 Business Analyst Resume Template
This business analyst resume template is designed keeping in mind simplicity, yet highlighting all the key skills and responsibilities in an impactful manner to help your resume stand out from the competition.
Business Analyst Resume Samples and Examples
Below are the key parts from a sample business analyst resume that will give you an idea or answer your questions about how to write a business analyst resume and what skills does a business analyst need in order to be successful in their job.
Download our #1 business analyst resume template or some of our other popular business analyst resume templates from above and fill in the details such as skills, summary, job roles and responsibilities, etc using the business analyst resume example below.
Resume Objective / Resume Summary
1/ Solutions-driven business analyst with over 6 years of experience in analyzing and prioritizing business process and system needs with critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Seeking an opportunity to leverage my core skill sets to help achieve your organization’s business goals. Possess a B.A. in Business Administration and a Certified Business Analysis Professional certification.
2/ A certified scrum master with 13 years proven experience in project management, business analyst, customer service, data analysis/review, aerospace and healthcare, with solid interpersonal skills, effective leadership skills, able to work in a cross-functional team, and ability to work on own initiative.
3/ Experienced Software Engineer with over 14+ years of demonstrated history of working in Information Technology and Engineering Management. Skilled in Agile Methodologies, Full stack development, leading and Managing Strong teams. Masters focused in Computer Science. Keen interest in Business and Entrepreneurship.
Career Related Skills
- Requirement Gathering and Analysis
- Business Process and System Analysis
- Experienced in Scrum Processes
- Stakeholder Interaction and Relationship Management
- Wireframe creation, Prototyping and Presentation
- Designing Solution Architecture
- Experience in user acceptance testing (UAT) prior to delivery
- BI, ERP and Big Data Platforms
- Team and Project Management
- Programming: R, Java, SQL
- Data Visualization and BI Tools: Tableau, R,
- Statistical Techniques: Hypothesis Test, Naïve Bayes
- Machine Learning Algorithms: Regression, Clustering, Classification,
- Ensemble Methods, Neural Networks, SVM
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL, MySQL, MS Access
Acme Co, City, NY
Senior Business Analyst – October 2014 – Present
- Collaborate with stakeholders, both internal and external, to translate business requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement.
- Review and analysis the BRD and provide KT sessions to product and QA teams.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation in JIRA platform.
- Work with project managers and developers to determine scope and priorities for product development sprint cycles
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are developing the product as per the product roadmap.
- Prepare project charter and sprint document with Project manager.
- Provides Dev and QA demos to clients when its there in Dev and QA environment for final sign-off.
- Chair scrum meetings and take daily updates on the implantation and product support tickets.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
XYZ Bank, City, CA
Business Analyst – August 2012 – September 2014
- Gather and negotiate functional requirements from Stakeholders
- Translate business needs to Technical team
- Translate Technical needs to Stakeholders and other teams
- Analyze and document requirements and convert them to sprint deliverables
- Requirement elicitation through Modelling and Documentation
- Worked on solution architecture and API interaction points
- Planning and monitoring project backlog and activities
- Act as a Project Coordinator for the Product
- Design Project Roadmap and implement monitoring mechanism
Solar Energy Co, Inc
Business Analyst/SCRUM Master – September 2015 – Present
- Served as a Proxy Product Owner.
- Liaised with Product owner to keep up with prioritizing the Product backlog.
- Assisted the product owner in sprint planning.
- Involved in identifying problem definition as part of continuous process improvement using Define, Measure, Analyze and Improve to support the business continuity of the organization.
- Gathered business requirements using appropriate elicitation techniques like user observation, brainstorming, client interviewing and document analysis. Conducted JAD Sessions with various stakeholders and project team. Used Jira tool for gathering and managing requirements.
- Experienced in the use different SDLC methodologies such as Agile, waterfall and RUP model.
- Established Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using Rational Requisite Pro to trace the completeness of requirements.
- Developed high-level and low-level documents like Business documents, Business requirements documents (BRD), Functional requirements documents (FRD) and System requirements specification (SRS).
- Conducted Business workflow analysis, process analysis, SWOT analysis, cost-benefit analysis and Gap analysis to know the condition of the current system in use.
- Used Unified Modelling Language (UML) to prepare Use Cases diagrams, process flow diagrams, sequence diagrams from the gathered requirements and created diagrams using MS Visio.
Management Consulting Co, Inc
Business Analyst – October 2017 – Present
- Responsible for Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Integration, Implementation and Deployment of each Customer’s instance as per each client’s internal financial requirements and goals.
- Work directly with customers and other professional members of the implementation teams to resolve issues, define business rules, and test configurations.
- Design, Develop and modify the JAVA code for each customized application for each customer.
- Optimize data processing and configuration of software applications to automate & improve Legacy systems.
- Collaborate with Q&A teams, software engineers, system and database administrators, and support teams, to trouble-shoot in multiple environments, including database issues using SQL queries.
- Test business work flow and software applications.
- Use issue tracking systems to detect, track, and/or analyze problems of existing systems
Pharmacy Benefit Management Client – M&A Strategy
- Developed a model to project cross-sell incentives based on stakeholder interviews & developed tailored strategies for individual account segments to grow customer base by 15 – 25%.
- Diagnosed the sales incentives of the two distinct sales teams, to determine incentives related opportunities and risks in collaboration for cross-sell.
- Served as a Junior Engagement Manager, to mentor an Associate to create a post-merger customer engagement playbook.
Contract Research Organization (CRO) – M&A Advisory
- Identified $200 M+ of growth opportunities on a $2 B+ deal for a CRO (target for a PE client) validated through expert interviews.
- Developed a bottom-up revenue forecast model with qualitative factors to predict growth in top accounts.
Retail Bank – Data Strategy
- Partnered with the Chief Data Officer to assess the Data Management Organization’s roles and responsibilities; Recommended a new cross-functional role to break the silos across different legal entities of the bank.
- Ideated a ‘Problem Management team’ to manage a $200 M+ remediation budget for the Bank’s data management issues.