If you’re looking for a job in the legal field, a great place to start is by creating a resume that highlights your skills and experience. In this blog post, we’ll share five different paralegal resume samples to help you get started. Each example includes tips on how to tailor your resume to the specific job you’re applying for. So whether you’re just starting out or have years of experience under your belt, we’ve got you covered. Let’s take a look!
Sample Paralegal Resume 1
Margate FL | (123) 456-7891 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized and detail-oriented Paralegal with 3+ years of experience supporting attorneys by performing day-to-day administrative tasks, drafting legal documents and assisting with research.
Aug 2010-May 2014
Bachelor of Arts in Paralegal Studies
ABC Law Firm, Paralegal
Jul 2019 – Current
- Help prepare attorneys for trial by drafting pleadings, motions and witness lists
- Manage case files and all paperwork, inputting into electronic file system
- Serve as liaison between attorney and clients, including managing high email and call volume daily and scheduling consultations
- Assist attorneys and legal interns with research for medical malpractice cases
Law Firm, Legal Assistant/Paralegal Intern
Aug 2015 – Jul 2019
- Drafted documents including complaints, motions and subpoenas
- Scheduled and transcribed interviews with clients and completed all intake paperwork
- Assisted with legal research, utilizing resources like LexisNexis and Westlaw extensively
- Certified Paralegal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, LexisNexis & Westlaw
- Legal research
Sample Paralegal Resume 2
HARTFORD, CT 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Certified Paralegal Specializing in Family Law
|Experienced paralegal with a strong command of family law in the state of Connecticut. Handle cases such as divorce, custody, adoption and related family law matters.
Diligent and resourceful in conducting legal research and case investigations; trustworthy in handling confidential information; and articulate in preparing persuasive legal arguments, motions and agreements.
Knowledge of family law rules of procedure, mandatory disclosure requirements, preparation of pleadings, correspondence and e-filing.
Technically skilled; use ProDoc, Abacus Next, Westlaw, LexisNexis, eLaw, PACER, STAC and MS Office.
|Family Law Proceedings
E-filing / Records Management
|Legal Document Preparation
|Motions, Contracts & Agreements
Billing & Collections
Office & Court Procedures
ABC LAW FIRM | Paralegal, 20xx to Present
Provide legal, trial and administrative support for a team of 12 attorneys and 3 senior partners within busy family law practice. Manage paralegal activities as well as office/HR functions such as scheduling and billing.
|Legal Support: Achieved in-demand status amongst paralegal colleagues; often personally requested by senior partners to manage complex, deadline-intensive matters.
Document Preparation: Assisted attorneys in the timely drafting and filing of legal documents and correspondence supporting case preparation for court appearances, hearings, depositions, trials and meetings.
Billing & Invoicing: Collaborated with the office manager to standardize billing practices. Commended for efforts that contributed to a 15% increase in profitability in FY20xx.
Collections: Reduced aged receivables from $95K to $5.4K. Revamped accounts receivables procedures, created spreadsheets to enhance tracking of monies owed and followed up on open accounts.
AtoF LAW FIRM | Paralegal, 20xx to 20xx
Prepared pleadings, exhibits, motions, judgments, court orders, inventories and discovery for a premier family law firm in Sometown. Interfaced with clients, legal teams, opposing counsel and court officers.
|Caseload Management: Excelled within a fast-paced law firm; assessed and prioritize competing demands to provide the highest quality of legal representation to clients.
Office Reorganization: Overhauled file system; made reception area more inviting and child-friendly; and created document templates. Enhanced records organization, elevated efficiency and improved service levels.
EARLY CAREER: Held secretary and administrative assistant positions at Acme Co and Factotum Co, 20xx to 20xx.
|Degree:||Associate of Arts (AA) in Paralegal Studies | XYZ College (Hartford, CT)|
|Certification:||Certified Paralegal (CP) | National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA)|
Sample Paralegal Resume 3
Detailed-oriented and organized certified paralegal with 3+ years of litigation experience in criminal law. Background in legal research, trial preparation, client and witness interviewing, and drafting legal memorandums. Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish. Seeking to leverage legal research and trial preparation experience to fill a paralegal position at Darren Brother’s Law Firm.
ABC College – ABC, TX
Associate Degree, Paralegal Studies July 2020
- 3.8 GPA
- Member of the Junior Paralegal Club
A Law Firm – Houston, TX
Paralegal, August 2020 – Present
- Assist 3 attorneys with trial preparation, proofreading, and editing, organizing, and notarizing legal documents
- Gather, analyze and investigate statutes and legal decisions relating to criminal cases, while managing additional office-related tasks
- Coordinated case scheduling with law enforcement, defense attorneys and witnesses to ensure attendance of all concerned entities at court hearings
- Serve as client-attorney liaison, managing high-volume email and phone correspondence, and scheduling and conducting client and witness interviews
- Reduced administrative investigative expenses by 15% through reviewing and developing questionnaires and SOPs for attorney usage when interviewing clients or witnesses
B Law Firm- Houston, TX
Paralegal Intern January 2018 – April 2020
- Assisted two senior paralegals with trial preparation, conducting factual and legal research, and gathering documents
- Maintained litigation database, answered phones and correspondences, drafted legal documents, and performed other administrative tasks as needed
- Prepared and presented case evidence and data for attorney review
- Scanned, organized, and filed exhibits, briefs, and legal documents into the firm’s litigation database
- Attended two annual in-house training seminars, and multiple court hearings to understand criminal law and office workflow
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in LexisNexis for legal research
- Experience using online appointment scheduling software for a 30-person law firm
- Trial preparation
- Client interviewing and consulting
- Court calendaring
- E-filing and records management
- Proofreading and editing
- Negotiation tactics
- Time management skills
Sample Paralegal Resume 4
(555) 123 1234
Six years diverse experience as a paralegal providing support to five attorneys. Key areas of expertise include:
- strong research, investigative, analytical and writing skills
- in-depth knowledge of e-discovery procedures
- excellent planning and organizational skills together with proven resourcefulness and initiative enable the successful management of multiple assignments simultaneously
ABC & Assocs, New York, NY
January 2017 – Date
- handle multiple case management responsibilities through entire litigation cycle for busy practice group
- co-ordinate, prepare and interpret complex legal documents including pleadings, motions, briefs, interrogatories, responses, agreements and legal memoranda
- carry out legal research in databases and libraries
- investigate case facts and compile factual support for briefs and motions
- review and edit legal documents
- assist with e-discovery using Concordance, CaseMap and the internet
- present data and research findings orally and in writing
- prepare and issue subpoenas
- plan, schedule and summarize depositions and expert reports
- locate, interview and prepare witnesses
- organize trial preparation and support including witness lists, exhibits and trial binders
- prepare appeals
- build, maintain and manage relevant databases and files
Lawyers LLP, New York, NY
August 2011 – November 2016
- provided legal and administrative support to four attorneys
- prepared legal documents including pleadings, petitions, memoranda and correspondence
- performed legal research using Westlaw and Lexis/Nexis
- cite-checked and shepardized legal documents
- recorded and monitored court appearance schedule, pleadings and filing requirements
- tracked and recorded billable hours for each case
- prepared litigation reports, trial notebooks and subpoenas
- maintained and updated in-house law library
Somewhere State University, Somewhere, NJ
Bachelor of Arts in Justice Studies, 2010
Paralegal School, Somewhere, NJ
ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate, 2011
- MS Office
- knowledge of local, state and federal laws
- interview techniques and methods
- principles and practices of legal communication
- oral communication skills
- writing skills
- organization and planning skills
- research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- information collection and management
- attention to detail
- decision-making and judgment
- team work
- stress tolerance
Available on request
Sample Paralegal Resume 5
Licensed paralegal with 5+ years of experience. Seeking to increase efficiency and accuracy at A Law Firm. At Another Law Firm, helped create a new legal database that cut time to draft contracts by 35%. Wrote 7+ reports per month and trained 5 junior paralegals. Member of NALA. Skilled in scheduling, investigation, and ERP systems.
- Advanced Certified Paralegal (ACP)
- Certified Paralegal (CP)
A Law Firm
- Conducted legal research, investigated case facts, wrote and proofread legal briefs and reports to prepare for trials.
- Assisted with implementation of new legal database that slashed contract drafting time by 35%.
- Wrote 7+ legal reports per month with 95% partner satisfaction.
- Mentored and trained 5 junior paralegals in research.
- Investigated facts for 40+ cases that went to trial.
Another Law Firm, LLP
- Prepared and proofread 20+ communications per week.
- Conducted 40+ trademark searches.
- Helped cut administrative costs 20% by sourcing better IT vendors.
- Scheduled 800+ appointments.
AA Paralegal Studies, A Community College
- Excelled in legal research classes.
- Conducted 2-credit project in settlement techniques.
- Member, NALA.
- Mentor 20+ professional paralegals.
- Lead weekly spin classes with 15+ members.
- 2019 – NALA Conference – Spoke on panel about research.
- 2017 – NFPA Annual Conference
Hard Skills: Legal research, writing briefs, billing software, investigation, ERP systems
Soft Skills: Interpersonal skills, communication, efficiency