The demand for web developers is expected to increase by 15% from 2016 to 2026. This vast demand in web development has made it an attractive and rewarding career.
As per bureau of labour statistics, the median salaries for web developers is approximately $68,000 per year. And so, if you are involved in any type of web development, frontend or backend, you have made a right career choice.
The one thing you need now is a web developer resume template to land you that next dream job.
Below is a selection of the most popular web developer resume templates that are preferred by developers and hiring managers alike. Check out our other top downloaded software engineer resume templates and DevOps engineer resumes.
Remember, you only need ONE to land that dream job.
Our Top Web Developer Resume Templates
How To Write A Web Developer Resume
Don’t be stumped when writing your web developer resume. Are you looking for writing tips? Or want to know what a perfect resume for a web developer looks like?
The web developer resume samples below give you enough insight into every aspect of the developer’s role and responsibility, key skills required and even how to write a career summary that’s specific to the job description.
Career / Professional Summary
I love to learn and create optimal solutions for difficult to solve problems, and working with the latest and greatest technologies.
- React/React Native
- Node/Express/Loopback/API Connect
- AWS/Google Cloud
- New Relic/Sentry
ABC Systems, NYC, NY
Frontend Web Developer – March 2017 – Present
- Development of internal websites and web applications and client websites and web applications.
- Working with designer to turn concepts into functional quality products.
- Unit testing.
- Working with Google Analytics to improve views/traffic and better the UI/UX.
- Securing WordPress installations.
- Debugging and defending against multiple PHP/WordPress attacks.
- Worked with System Admins and Java Developers on internal/external web applications.
XYZ Bank, Atlanta, GA
Web Developer – October 2015 – February 2017
- Developed user flows using HTML5, CSS3, SCSS, TypeScript and Angular frameworks.
- Developed the pages using Angular modules, components, pages, templates.
- Created Custom directives in Angular for focusing on input control, for scroll event.
- Developed Stores for each component and managed those using actions, mutations and getters using ngRx library.
- Developed high-quality code that runs on multiple browsers while still meeting high performance requirements. Implemented performance improvements strategies like minification, on-demand module loading, compression, caching, prefetching for UI layer.
- Developed the application using Angular, NodeJS, ExpressJS, MongooseJS and MongoDB.
- Created Services and leveraged Schema objects from Mongoose library to build object models. Implemented CRUD operations with security enabled for REST clients and GraphQL clients.
- Developed different Data Models using Mongoose JS and integrated MongoDB. Leveraged auto increment, Object reference capability to manage various data models.
- Utilized third-party libraries like Lodash for working with arrays, numbers, objects, strings, etc.
- Worked with middleware like Express Validator, Body Parser, and Cookie Parser.
- Worked on GraphQL and implemented GraphQL query language for APIs so that clients will be able to query what they need.
- Implemented Authentication using PassportJs.
- Being an Agile member, reviewed code and offer through GitLab’s code merge request process.
eCommerce Web Developer – August 2013 – September 2015
- WordPress web development with experience in WooCommerce, Magento.
- Successfully developed a customized eCommerce website by leveraging WordPress’s WooCommerce plugin and Bootstrap CSS framework.
- API Web Service – improve data entry productivity by using an image API web service to easily obtain a list of image URLs.
- Use Heroku to store database information and Auth0 for login and registration.
- Utilized Redux to keep track of user information.
- Required Stripe for users to pay online.