Words simply cannot express the role that a teacher plays in a child’s development and their future.
If you’re currently employed as a teacher and looking for your next job or applying for your first job, we have tremendous respect for you and thank you for your service.
While you’re focused on a child’s development, we want to provide tools that can help YOU in your career development – and below is just an example.
We’ve put together some of the most popular teacher resume templates on our platform (you can download today) that will help you attract the hiring manager and bring you a step closer to landing your dream job.
Scroll down below to check out all the teacher resume templates you can download today.
All our teacher resume templates are fully customizable in Microsoft Word – on PC and a MAC.
Remember, you only need ONE resume template to land that dream job.
Featured Teacher Resume Templates You Can Download
Teacher Resume Samples
We’ve put together a collection of teacher resume samples and examples from some of the best teacher resumes that you can find, with highlights, experience and skills for all teaching levels.
If I were to give you the one most effective resume writing tip, it would be to take inspiration from the below teaching resume samples and examples and fill your resume template based on your experience and skills.
Career / Professional Summary
1/ Educator, advocate, and consultant, skilled in Classroom Management, Lesson Planning, Educational Technology, and Instructional Design. Promote the rights of children with disabilities, enabling students and their families to access the supports and services they need to succeed in school and to engage in all childhood experiences. Have the knowledge and the ability to provide instruction (including modeling) related to the implementation of evidence-based practices appropriate for classroom use and individual students.
2/ Experienced high school math teacher with a successful history, strong pedagogical, communication and math skills, adept at creating highly engaging, accessible and graduated educational materials, including ample and varied supports. Have published mathematical papers featuring a finding and original proofs, literary essays and short stories. Also, have documented over 100 ways to calculate pi (π), by limits, sums, products, continued fractions, integrals and trigonometric functions.
3/ Attended the University of North Dakota from 2009-2013. Graduated in 2013 with a Bachelors in Elementary Education & TESOL. After graduating from my bachelors program, I pursued a masters degree. Graduated from UNF COEHS in Spring 2015 with a Masters degree in Special Education. FL certified teacher and am employed as an ESE teacher.
4/ Teacher with a demonstrated history of working in the education management industry. Skilled in K-12 Education, Customer Service, Classroom Management, Lesson Planning, and Educational Technology. Strong education professional with a Master of Education (MEd) focused in Childhood Education and Teaching from City University of New York City College.
5/ Experienced Music Teacher with a demonstrated history of working in the primary/secondary education industry. Strong education professional skilled in Choral, Piano, Lesson Planning, Educational Technology, and Instructional Design.
6/ I am a dedicated and experienced elementary school teacher who personalizes and creates effective lesson plans for a variety of subjects and integrates technology into the curriculum. Personalized learning programs, and innovative educational techniques are just a few of my areas of expertise. My inherent passion for fostering collaborative and exciting educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed productive, thoughtful, and accomplished students.
7/ As an educator, I believe that I am a life long learner. I am eager to grow and learn not only as an educator, but also as a individual and am always looking for a new opportunity to challenge my thinking.
8/ I am a STEM educator informed by the neuroscience of learning. I have a deep interest in students' mental health as a predictor of school performance. As an undergraduate at Harvard University, I became passionate about addressing structural inequality through researching economically disadvantaged students' access to and success in K-12 schooling, college, and beyond. I completed my masters degree in Mind, Brain, and Education from Harvard Graduate School of Education to better understand the social and emotional challenges of first generation students and students with learning differences.
9/ Math Teacher with over 25 years of experience. Skilled in Classroom Instruction, Educational Leadership, Presentations, ACT Prep, and Adult Education (GED/HSED) and working with people ages twelve to seventy. My work ethic, compassion, belief in kids, and rapport with students, have made my teaching experiences memorable. I have a passion for helping kids and that is why I decided to become a teenager coach.
10/ Experienced and determined middle school teacher with a passion for igniting the intellectual curiosity of each scholar that enters my classroom. Adept in creating a comprehensive and well-rounded curriculum that combines educational standards with innovative, forward-leaning educational philosophies. Proficient at honoring the lived experiences of students in order to model a classroom that is culturally competent and social justice minded. Able to act as a facilitator of powerful learning experiences, while allowing students to share their own passions and curiosities.
- Lesson planning
- Curriculum development
- Special education
- Curriculum mapping
- Curriculum design
- Classroom management
- Elementary education
- Teacher training
- Interdisciplinary teaching
- Educational technology
Professional Experience Samples for Teacher Resume
1. English Teacher Resume Sample
- Designed lesson plans for the seventh grade English team for both regular English classes and Pre-AP English classes.
- Helped facilitate the weekly Professional Learning Community (PLC) for the content team.
- Collaborated with the instructional technologists to identify effective educational technology tools and strategies for the English content.
- Prepared and led professional development for the campus.
- Effectively communicated to parents and students on a daily basis.
- Helped plan and coordinate a field trip for the mentoring group of two hundred students.
- Used technology and collaborative activities to engage students in the learning process (inverted classroom and digital portfolios).
2. Teacher Resume Example
- Use technology to provide scientifically based lesson plans following the guidelines of Individual Education Plans.
- Assisting with teaching Foundational Learning.
- Managing a class of 10 students.
- Teaching fundamental skills including but not limited to money management, grooming skills, preparing for future employment, plus the core curriculum.
- Managing classroom behavior is my strength.
- Maintain each student’s right to confidentiality.
3. Elementary Teacher Resume Sample
- Teach core curriculum and social skills to children labeled with Emotional Disturbances.
- Use of technology to create scientifically based lesson plans.
- Manage a classroom of 6 at risk students and a Teaching Assistant.
- Maintain confidential records such as Individual Education Plans online and hard copy.
- Developed and maintained schedules for each student and the Teaching Assistant.
- Provide students with Individual Education Plans scientifically based education in small groups and in the general education setting.
- Collaborate with general education teachers to modify lessons and support teachers and students in the classroom.
- Use technology to develop/maintain IEPs and scientifically based lesson plans.
- Maintain each student’s right to confidentiality.
4. 1st Grade Elementary School Teacher Resume Sample
- Collaborated with team members and coaches to design active and engaging lessons that support learning objectives, created assessments and focus walls, and have data meetings for targeted instruction.
- Demonstrated exponential growth and successful data to higher achievement levels.
- Promoted the use of technology through student videos, interactive presentations, document cameras, and data performance.
- Fostered student curiosity and interest in learning through hands on activities and connections to careers and real-world situations.
- Used Classroom Dojo that assisted caregivers to receive regular updates on student progress, classroom learning, special shout outs, and address positive behaviors.
5. 3rd Grade Teacher Resume Example
Provided support to children with mathematics, social studies, science, reading and writing on an individual, small group and class level. Planned daily lessons including content standards, objectives, procedures and materials.
Actively participated in professional learning community (PLC), student evaluations, professional development core meetings, and grade meetings.
Taught, reflected, and modified skills by providing students with original homework assignments, and assessments. Used technology to conclude data and communicate with caregivers and colleagues.
- Assessed student learning formally and informally using a variety of assessments, benchmarks, and grading rubrics.
6. Elementary Teacher Resume Sample
- Works with administrators and instructional teams to plan and implement hands-on programs and activities for students and the school.
- Participates as an active member with other faculty and staff.
- Participates in a cooperative effort with faculty and staff to plan, implement and evaluate programs of continuing school improvement.
- Manages classroom and supervises proper care of equipment used.
- Participates in personal professional growth activities focused on the acquisition of new and improved skills and knowledge.
- Diagnoses and analyzes student progress and programs for the purpose of providing appropriate instruction based on the developmental stages of students.
- Utilizes a variety of instructional techniques to meet the individual needs of students.
- Utilizes technology and current research in instruction.
- Evaluates students’ progress on a regular basis.
- Utilizes classroom management techniques conducive to an effective classroom climate.
- Shows sensitivity to students, parents and the community and promotes student self-esteem.
- Maintains professional relationship between school and parents.
- Maintains contact with parents through parent-teacher conferences, telephone, or written communications.
- Encourages parental involvement through school activities, connecting home and school.
- Maintains all records as required, including but not limited to grade books, attendance records and student progress reports.
- Assists in the protection of student and school property.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by OCPS. With the support of the district, attends training to ensure skill level in various technologies is at the level required to perform in current position.
- Responsible for timely and accurate information they maintain as part of their job responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
7. Substitute Teacher Resume Sample
- Supervise 25-30 elementary-aged students.
- Follow and execute lesson plans and instructions provided by the teacher.
- Manage behavior and learning challenges and engage children in creative problem solving.
- Ensure accurate records are kept of the day’s events and provide all pertinent information to the teacher.
8. Mathematics Teacher Resume Sample
- Monitored, supported, and addressed the academic needs of all students at different levels.
- Proficient in Zoom and presentation to large groups.
- Proficient in Zoom and presentation to large groups.
- Instructed a 7th grade math class consisting of 30 students.
- Designed and implemented a 10-week course track consisting of lesson plans, hands-on-training, homework assignments and final projects.
- Managed a class of 25-30 students.
- Maintained communication and rapport with 36 children and parents each year.
9. Teacher Assistant Resume Sample
- Teaching Assistant for the Intro to Web Development course in the Computer Science Department.
- Coordinated after school tutoring with professors to help students in need of extra attention.
- Checked homework labs done by the students