If you're currently looking for a job or updating your resume, this guide provides you with an exhaustive list of SQL Developer resume samples that you can use as an inspiration while writing your resume.
This guide covers some of the most important parts of an SQL developer resume that make an impact on the hiring managers and recruiters.
Before we move forward though, download our most popular SQL developer resume templates. The top 3% and highest paid SQL developers use a custom designed resume template.
Featured SQL Developer Resume Templates You Can Download
SQL Developer Resume Samples
SQL Developer Resume Objective Samples
Below are samples for writing your resume objective, which is one of the most important aspects of an SQL developer's resume. Specially since this is the first thing that a hiring manager or a recruiter would look at.
1. Proven technical expertise in database management, database architecture, database development, BI development in a career spanning 18 Years. I am a technically sophisticated professional with a positive career reflecting strong leadership qualifications couple with hands-on SQL Server Administration expertise. I maintain focus on achieving bottom-line results while formulating and implementing advance database solutions to a meet a diversity of needs.
2. IT programmer with over a decade of diverse technical experience in Oracle Database, Advanced PL/SQL programming, Informatica ETL, Datawarehouse, Performance tuning and UNIX Shell scripting. Involved in all phases of SDLC from analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with thorough understanding of Agile development and Waterfall Methodologies.
3. Experienced senior Oracle Database Administrator, PL/SQL Developer, and SQL Developer with a demonstrated history of working in the e-learning industry. Skilled in SQL, Performance Tuning, Requirements Analysis, Database Architecture, Oracle Database, and Oracle Database Administration. Strong information technology professional with a BS focused in Computer Science and Mathematics from SUNY at Brockport.
4. Over 15 years of experience in business intelligence (BI) including analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of Information Technology (IT) in a variety of fields, including retail and non-profits. Extensive experience in report writing using Crystal Reports and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), creating various types of reports like drill down, parameterized, cascading, conditional, table, matrix, chart and sub reports, utilizing ad-hoc queries, functions, views and stored procedures. Developed training manuals as well as direct user training to minimize confusion and maximize effectiveness of reports.
5. Experienced SQL Developer with a demonstrated history of working in the financial services industry. Skilled in Databases, Management, Training, XML, and jQuery. Strong engineering professional with a Associate's Degree focused in Computer Programming from ECPI University. eOne Solutions SmartConnect formal training attented and working toward certification.
6. Experienced Business Intelligence Developer with a demonstrated history of working in the hospital, healthcare and finance industry. Skilled in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL server integration services (SSIS),TSQL, Oracle Database, and Power BI. Strong information technology professional with a Master’s Degree and Bachelor of Technology - BTech focused in Computer Science.
Key Skill Sets' Examples for SQL developers
These are some of the skillsets from across experience levels and expertise.
Netezza DBA, PL/SQL, Data Migration, Informatica, Data Modeling, SQL Tuning, ETL, Shell Scripting, SQL server management, Crystal Enterprise 8.5, Crystal Reports 8.5, Business Intelligence, VisualCUT, Visual Basic, MS Access, PERL, SSIS, SSRS, Oracle, Data Warehousing, SDLC, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL server integration, Strategic Planning, Solaris, RMAN.
SQL Developer Professional Experience Samples
Below are professional experience samples and are real world examples from SQL developers that have a wide variety of experience and skill sets.
Choose one or a combination on those that meet and match your experience and skill sets, and then use these as inspiration to write your own professional experience.
1. SQL database administrator resume sample
Responsible for total overhaul of SQL Server environment: installations, version upgrades, service packs, performance tuning and optimization, SQL Server security standards, SQL Server consolidation, SQL Server maintenance, Windows/ SQL clustering, SQL Replication.
Manage (108) SQL Server environments (2000, 2005, 2008, 2008R2, 2012) with multiple instances; production, stage, development; virtual and physical SQL Servers.
Developed standards and procedures in deploying new SQL Server environments.
Maintained a high level of SQL Server documentation and change control procedures.
Responsible for developing, executing, and maintaining SSIS, SSRS, & SSAS.
Supported development team on database related issues, troubleshooting queries and stored procedures, recommended indexes and index optimization.
Architect solutions to support growing business needs while thoroughly considering system impact and lead the deployment of database solution across multiple technologies.
Participated in analysis of gaps and recommended solutions based on database development direction and roadmap.
Mentor and supervised assigned DBA’s.
Collaborated with developers, BI, and others within IT to understand full scope of necessary work, presented technical risks, determined appropriate solutions, and developed estimates and resources to be successful.
Identified and addressed technical or operational risks and adhered to IT processes defined by management and ensured that developers and partners do the same.
Collaborated with the Operations team and assisted in troubleshooting issues to ensure that database issues were resolved in timely manner; increasing database system uptime.
- Collaborated with other Technical Leads and management team to ensure that overall solutions are clearly understood, are appropriate for the enterprise strategy, and ensured use of existing resources.
2. SQL database administrator resume sample
- QA Environment Automation Restore and Deployment: This project imitative was to automate the daily restore and script deployment to the QA environment for the team to have an environment that was -1 in days of production data and ensure newly created scripts run error free. The 2 main advantages of this project increased the quality of applications being delivered to the production environment and reduced time during production deployment.
- SQL Migration: Successfully migrated SQL Servers to 2016 R2, documented all object/user permissions within each database as well as server permissions. The main advantages of this project were to remain up-to-date with the SQL Server versions and new Microsoft tools to save time in development activities.
- Student Test Scores Load: This project was to load vendor data files using SSIS packages to perform ETL processes. This created a huge time savings for the Student Testing department in data entry and significantly improved data accuracy.
- Lookup Table Load: This project was to remove static articles being used in Transaction Replication. The solution uses a SQL Agent Job that executes a SSIS package to truncate the data, then insert the data on the publisher to the subscriber. The main advantage was to reduce the stress caused by the distribution agents for improved server performance.
- Database Maintenance Plans: Designed and created automated maintenance plans for all SQL Server environments to adhere to the company’s disaster recovery policy. The main advantage to this project was to reduce the runtime the current maintenance plans, and to use different approaches to backing up larger databases (500 GB to 1.1 TB) by determining the optimal split of the backup files.
- Automation of DBA Activities: This project was to reduce the time of various activities to allow the DBA team to focus on other initiative within the department.
3. Senior SQL developer resume sample
- Hired as a master SQL developer specifically to performance-tune the 650 stored procedures that comprise the NBO database. This database serves “Aloha”, an all-in-one restaurant management system used worldwide to manage recipes, employee labor, inventory, forecasting, and payroll for very large restaurant chains and other major food service providers.
- During my seven-month stay I was able to deliver vast improvements to the system’s primary and most heavily utilized stored procedure; “FlatSiteItemRecipes_REBUILD”. The teams corroborating SQL team in Praque had already worked on this 2500-line procedure for two years and had the execution time down to 15 minutes. However, this was still insufficient. I was given the procedure in late January, and was able to bring the execution time down to 2 minutes by EOM February.
- As I was working to make the procedure run faster, I identified three unrelated, but critical issues where SQL Server was being allowed to generate random results across 5% of several key calculated fields. The team had been aware this was occurring, but had been unable to isolate the problem. I set up a demonstration to show exactly where and how this was occurring, and then I proposed a minimally invasive correction. My solution was unanimously adopted.
4. SQL BI and PL/SQL developer resume sample
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously (ORACLE-MS SQL).
- Working with Data ware house team for the raw data.
- Took part in designing the Database using normalization and E-R diagrams (Data Modeling).
- Took part in creating functional and technical documentations.
- Using agile methodology and involved in daily SCRUM meetings and Sprint plannings.
- Creating and updating tables, views, materialized views, Packages, Stored Procedures, functions, Triggers and Cursors as per the requirement.
- Developing back end interfaces using PL/SQL Stored packages, Procedures, Functions, Collections, Object Types, Triggers.
- Involved in optimizing database performance by analyzing database objects, creating indexes, creating materialized views etc.
- Using Exception Handling to handle runtime and user defined exceptions.
- Working on performance issues using Query tuning, Explain Plan and indexes.
- All Scripts are automated using LINUX to run as per the schedule in OpCon through ServiceNow.
- Working on analysing data, migrating data from one database to another database.
- Developing complex ETL Packages using SQL Server 2012/15/17 Integration services to populate data from different sources like flat files/CSV Files to the staging databases.
- Enhancing already existing application (Mobile KPI) using Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- Working on updating Joins, Indexes, views, Partitioning, stored procedures.
- Using Team Foundation Server TFS for source control and Maintained versions Using TFS.
- Generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Developing comprehensive test plans, scripts and cases and perform unit and comprehensive testing with system developers to ensure overall functionality and technical quality of deliverables.
- Developing console applications using visual studio 2015/2017 and scheduled them to run automatically using task scheduler and OpCon.
5. Junior PL/SQL developer resume sample
- Involved in configuring and converting MS SQL Server 2000 database to MS SQL Server 2005.
- Partially involved in Database design and Database objects.
- Created backups for databases.
- Partly Involved in Performance tuning.
- Created ActiveX DLL COM Components using Visual Basic 6.0.
- Responsible for Developing GUI Screens
- Loaded the data into database tables using ETL from text, Excel files etc...
- Automated the SSIS Packages using the SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Troubleshooted the SSIS/SQL job Agent whenever necessary.
- Created SSIS packages to clean and load data.
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of T-SQL blocks.
- Imported the various files provide by the clients into the relational database systems.
- Created new tables, views, materialized views, Packages, Stored Procedures, functions,
- Triggers and Cursors per the requirements.
- Developing ETL Packages using SQL Server Integration services to populate data from different sources like flat files/CSV Files to the staging databases.
- Deploy SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various Package properties to make package environment independent.
- Involved in developing E-R diagrams, logical & physical data modeling, development and implementation of the system.
- Responsible for creating COM Components using ActiveX DLLs and for creating database and database objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Rules and functions.
- Developed various management reports using SSRS.
- Maintain the application as per the user requirement.
- Worked closely with other teams while gathering requirements and development process.
- Worked as the liaison between team to resolve organizational gaps.
- Having good communication and time management skill to complete tasks within given timelines.
- Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, ETL, ASP .Net, VB Script, SSRS, Access, Excel.
6. Oracle PL/SQL developer resume sample
- Database development in SQL, TSQL, PLSQL using functions, stored procedures in RDBMS.
- Designing and building of Data warehouse solution in Oracle database.
- Understanding of Data Integrity and Data analysis, advanced skills in SQL and PL/SQL.
- Analyze assay data for the correctness, completeness, integrity and high quality and implement quality checks.
- Work to ensure that data flows properly across systems and databases, and is represented adequately in data reporting/visualization application so that it provides value to the scientific community.
- Conduct fact findings to identify specific data integrity issues. Document and provide detailed analysis of the issues identified- where problems occur and why. Collaborate with the other teams as appropriate toward specific issues resolution.
- Wrote scripts for the quality checks to support QA efforts and validation processes overall.
- Develop recommendations to address common Data Integrity issues and collaborate with data warehouse team to implement Data Integrity issues remediation.
- Work closely with Scientific Data Curation Team, data warehouse and project teams as related to data integrity/data consistency issues.
- Developed functions to generate output in json format by querying multiple tables and using LOBs.
- Wrote Complex SQL queries for reporting needs.
- Used PL/SQL collection types.
- Datamodelling for Reporting on Data integrity issues in Datawarehouse environment.
- Worked on performance tuning of sql queries by using hints, indexes and checking the explain plan for the queries.
- Version control of scripts and code using Tortoise SVN. Documentation of functional and non-functional specification like data dictionary, schema, user manual, and data mapping document.
7. SQL Developer Resume Example
- As a member of the data engineering team, design, create, and implement database solutions based on the end user requirements.
- Collaborate with business analysts and technical staff to develop and document technical details on data requirements along with algorithms and methodologies related to project deliverables.
- Successfully designed and developed optimized and well-structured database solutions with improved stability, reliability, and performance.
- Established and shared best practices with internal application teams concerning database design, data governance, query authoring, data reconciliation, data manipulation, and query and database optimization.
- Developed ETL pipelines using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to support batch data movement between large enterprise systems, supplement missing application functionality, and automate redundant reports.
- Constantly identified methods to improve data reliability, monitoring, efficiency and quality.
- Developed innovative algorithms and processes to address business problems and improve operational efficiencies.