Are you currently seeking a change in job or simply looking to update your resume? This guide offers the top sales associate resume samples to help you craft your own impactful resume.
If you're a sales associate or retail sales associate who consistently achieves sales goals, working one-on-one with customers to build lasting relationships, you can be sure to land your dream job if you present an impactful resume to recruiters and hiring managers.
The resume samples in this guide will help you build that resume.
But, before we get to the samples, want in on the 3% of the top jobs?
Download our most popular sales associate resume template today.
Why this sales associate resume template?
- It includes 1-page, 2-page and 3-page templates for your sales associate resume, unlike free resume templates.
- It is 100% editable via Microsoft Word, unlike resume builders.
- Battled-tested in the market for landing a sales associate job with perks.
Here are some popular sales associate resume samples for your inspiration.
Sales Associate Resume Samples
Sales Associate Career Objective Samples
1. Sales Associate included selling, restocking and merchandising in all departments. The core focus of my position was customer service, such as, greeting and assisting the customer, maintaining the appearance of the store and the merchandise. I was an asset in this position due to my friendly and outgoing personality as well as my flexibility in rotating departments and covering for short staffing.
2. Throughout my career, I have maintained the highest performance standards within a diverse range of administrative functions, including being the “face to the public” and leading a team focused on improving company operations. With excellent organizational and communication skills, an outstanding work ethic, and the ability to work well in both team-oriented and self-directed environments, I am positioned to exceed your expectations.
3. Through an assortment of internships, research and work experience, I am able to fulfill my fashion background and keep up to date with the fashion world. I’ve been able to learn more about the business of fashion and every minute only excites the dreamer in me to make it my reality. I’m always open for opportunities to grow and learn as an individual and a professional. I am ecstatic to take on a career in the luxury fashion world and am eager to learn more by working with great companies and people.
4. Experienced sales floor associate with a demonstrated history of working in the apparel and fashion industry. Skilled in sales, fashion, build strong relationships, Microsoft Excel and cash receipts.
5. Independent and motivated Sales Engineer with proven track record of
building and growing sales territories in competitive environments. Dedicated to building rapport and maintaining loyal customer relationships through understanding needs and creating individual solutions. Offering deep technical acumen with strong communication skills to help customers understand product offerings.
6. I provide our customers with the best service I can in order to help them find exactly what they need. Run inventory and stock reports to ensure the best products are provided for our customers and available to them in the store. Research new and current brands in order to provide our customers with the best knowledge about products. Received 2 raises by the month of December 2018.
7. A self-motivated, organized, and detail orientated individual who works well and excels in fast pace environments. Skilled in Microsoft Word, Retail, Sales, Instagram, and Communication. Strong sales professional with an Associate of Science focused in Fashion Merchandising.
8. Determined graduate pursuing a career in Fashion Marketing. Experienced Sales Floor Associate with a demonstrated history of working in the apparel and fashion industry. Skilled in Microsoft Word, Sales, Leadership, Marketing, and Strategic Planning. Strong sales professional with a Bachelor of Business Administration - BBA focused on Advertising Marketing Communications from the Fashion Institute of Technology.
Professional Experience Samples for Sales Associates
1. Sales Floor Associate Resume Sample
Worked with customers to help them find the right materials for their project needs.
Down stocked product
Kept department clean
Operated vertical panel saw and chop saw
- Sit down forklift licensed operator
Reach truck licensed operator
- Order picker licensed operator
2. Retail Sales Associate Resume Sample
- Increased store efficiency by creating a Shoe Locator app for instore employee usage when searching through the back stock bays for a shoe.
- Increased store sales percentage by creating, seeking, and inspiring sales
- Established a great customer satisfaction rating by ensuring that all customers received excellent service through direct salesmanship and prompt and courteous communication.
- Increased store traffic by coordinating in-store events via creating, sponsoring, managing, and direct participation
- Floor set – physically assisting in the redesign and as well as providing layout supervision.
- Back-stock management and organization.
3. Sales Associate Resume Sample
- Drive consistent sales by proactively acquiring and building store, product, and promotional knowledge to strategically engage customers, identify their needs, and make key recommendations.
- Increase purchase totals and generate revenue by learning customer preferences and budget targets, creating custom product groupings to help customers reach their shopping goals.
- Conduct price calculations, scan tags, apply discounts, collect payments, and offer receipts to process translations, demonstrating absolute integrity and compliance with store procedures at all times.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service, resolving inquires with professionalism and patience, managing crises through collaboration and innovative problem-solving.
- Led team of 12 in doubling sales goals from August 2018 – August 2019.
- Achieved a 4.7/5 review rating on Google and a 4.9/5 rating on Facebook, implementing successful customer engagement and sales initiatives to expand product line and improve client satisfaction.
- Awarded “Best of Liberty 2019”.
- Liaise with senior leadership to implement initiatives to expand consumer base, create new revenue streams, and optimize store budget management.
4. Senior Sales Associate Resume Sample
- Manager responsibilities: sales driver, lead associate team, credit card acquisition, customer service, buy-online-pick-up-in-store processing.
- Visual merchandising: flexing space based on product inventory, receiving shipment, placing product, changing mannequins, installing window fixtures, installing hardware for product placement, markdowns, transferring product, inventory management.
- Customer service, buy-online-pick-up-in-store processing, ship from store processing, credit card acquisition, visual merchandising team, inventory/back of house team.
5. Experienced Sales Associate Resume Sample
- Provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance.
- Maintain the in-stock condition of assigned areas, and ensure it is clean, shop-able, and safe.
- Provide a safe working and shopping environment by following all safety policies and standards, completing specified safety training, immediately correcting hazards and unsafe conditions or reporting conditions to the Manager on Duty, and working safely as not to endanger myself, co-workers, vendors, or customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries about the quality, value, and use of products.
- Build professional and courteous relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Assist Visual Merchandiser with displaying new merchandise to encourage sales.
- Replenish, stock, and organize inventory with accuracy and efficiency.
- Maintain knowledge of current promotions and store policies regarding returns/exchanges.
6. Retail Sales Associate Resume Sample
- Reporting jointly to the Area Supervisor, Assistant Store Manager, and Store Manager, work in a semi-autonomous role; contributing to annual store revenues.
- Appointed by Store Manager established productive working relationships and liaise frequently with wider team of up to 12 department colleagues across merchandising, customer service and e-commerce.
- Apply customer experience mindset when merchandising, price changing, and setting up product department displays.
- Effectively led and trained a team of 5 to 10 employees who report to me for our online orders that ship out from the store. I then report to the Store Manager.
- Efficiently merchandise up to 200 units product per shift. My area of expertise is our home department including rugs, curtains, pillows, sheets, and candles. Typically merchandise an entire rug shipment of 40 boxes in under an hour without interruption.
- Process approximately 300 online order units including pick, pack and label procedures ready for shipment. The most units we can pick at a time are 40. Average up to 150 units per 6-hour shift, maintaining a 98% accuracy rate with technical errors accounting for 2%.
- Serve up to 200+ customers per week in our Amazon return service alone, averaging about 30 orders daily.
- For Kohl’s services, I average up to 30 Kohl’s customers per shift, totalling up to 200 per week including Kohl’s customers who make payment, return or purchases.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction survey in hospitality; recognized for customer friendliness and product knowledge, contributing to 5% of total purchases during the month of February 2020.
- Received employee of the month within three months of being hired; received again three years later.