If you're currently looking for a job or updating your resume, this guide provides you with an exhaustive list of Mechanical Engineering Resume Examples that you can use as an inspiration while writing your resume.
This guide covers some of the most important parts of a mechanical engineering resume that make an impact on the hiring managers and recruiters.
Before we move forward though, download our most popular mechanical engineering resume templates. The top 3% and highest paid mechanical engineers use a custom designed resume template.
Featured Mechanical Engineering Resume Templates You Can Download
Mechanical Engineering Resume Examples
Mechanical Engineering Resume Objective Examples
Below are samples for writing your resume objective, which is one of the most important aspects of a mechanical engineer's resume. Specially since this is the first thing that a hiring manager or a recruiter would look at.
1. Over 23 years of mechanical design experience with extrusions, plastics, sheet metal, welding, electronics, 3D printing, wood cabinetry, and packaging. Expertise in Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFM/A) principles. Proficiency in Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and Conformitè Europëenne (CE) compliance. Adept understanding of American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Geometric Dimension Tolerance (GD&T). Strong comprehension of Lean Manufacturing/ISO 9000 standards. Excelling CAD administrator supporting 2D, 3D design tools and PDM systems
2. I am a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer with experience in CAD modeling, manufacturing and prototyping fields. My experience allows me to draw on a diverse set of skills and think outside the box when facing a problem. I pride myself on seeing the big picture while maintaining my focus on details. I am an enthusiastic team player who values the contributions of my colleagues in cooperative problem-solving.
3. I have a passion for engineering design and analysis as demonstrated throughout my career. As a Mechanical Engineer, my current work entails HVAC, plumbing and fuel system design in the telecom industry. This includes load calculations, duct routing, piping layout, and equipment selection, amongst others. I am also focused on using my passion, skills, and experiences to not only significantly impact my field, but also to assist in developing communities in need. Regardless of the circumstance, my motivation and diligence will allow me to excel and achieve my goals.
4. Experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer with a demonstrated history of working on fast paced technical projects. Skilled in Project management, CAD, failure analysis, prototyping and hands on problem solving. Strong engineering professional looking to utilize and grow technical management skills to help lead a team to success.
5. More than 19 years of automotive industry, 6 years of nuclear industry, and 3 years of space and intelligence sector experience - knowledgeable in linear and nonlinear material component and nonlinear geometric multi-body system structural analysis, thermal and thermal-structural analysis, modal analysis, and instability analysis involving automotive braking, steering, and suspension components and assemblies, nuclear reactor internals components and systems, as well as composite opto-mechanical and communications satellite structures.
6. I received my Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo with concentrations in Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Advanced Stress Analysis, and Mechatronics. Applying my training, I accrued 20 years of experience emphasizing a hands-on approach to Design, Build, and Test for Medical, Military, and other high-tech industries. My areas of specialization are Design for Manufacturability (DfM at Stanford University), Stress Analysis, Vacuum Technology, and Welding/Brazing. I am interested in applying my education and hands-on approach to a position that is beneficial to people.
7. Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with a demonstrated history of working in the electro-mechanical manufacturing industry. Strong engineering professional skilled in Computer-Aided Design (CAD), CNC programming and machine operation, Autodesk Product Suite, Solidworks, Pro/E, Adobe Creative Suite, Mastercam Mill Essentials, Microsoft Office, and VBA programming for Excel applications. Experienced with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
8. Award-winning Mechanical Design Engineer, with design and development expertise in medical device, IVD (In Vitro Diagnostics), automotive factory automation, oil and gas, aerospace and energy. My experience includes development of designs from paper-napkin to and through production transfer, as well as sustaining engineering and value-engineering.
9. I am a mechanical engineer with a passion for design/manufacturing and business development. I have a "hybrid" skill-set that enables me to get my hands dirty with mechanical engineering tasks such as designing / prototyping / assembling, mechanical and electro-mechanical components, in addition to playing an active role in the world of business.
10. A graduate student from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, specializing in Design and Manufacturing Innovation, with an objective to enhance my knowledge in the field of design and manufacturing. I was awarded the Erik Jonsson Graduate Scholarship for excellence in academics and research, and also completed my certification in Diploma in Product Design and Analysis.
11. Experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer with over 16 years of experience working in the Commercial Aviation and Aerospace and Defense Industries. Currently working in the Automotive Industry at Rivian as a Mechanical, Packaging & Thermal Engineer. Previous role as the Design Lead of the Seat Box Team at Panasonic Avionics, a leader in Airline InFlight Entertainment. During eight years at Panasonic, helped design monitors and tablets for First Class and Business Class seats and supported SATCOM Antenna testing.
12. As a Senior Engineer with L&H Industrial, an After Market Parts supplier for the surface mining industry whose main competitors are the OEM’s, I reverse engineer all mechanical components, such as major structural components and complex transmissions. The design intents are to create safe products that exceed OEM product life or limitations with a full system analysis and not just a specific component upgrade.
Key Skills for Mechanical Engineering
CAD: Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP), SolidWorks Simulation FEA, FloWorks CFD, PDM, SolidWorks Enterprise PLM, eDrawings, Photoworks, SolidWorks Animator, DriveWorks Automation, GrabCAD, AutoCAD, NX/Simcenter, FEMAP, NASTRAN, PATRAN, ABAQUS, and ANSYS Workbench and multi-physics tools such as COMSOL, ANSYS Classic, HyperWorks/RADIOSS, LS-DYNA, TOSCA, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Product Development, Project Management, Negotiation Skills, Strategic Planning, Strong Engineering Skills.
Mechanical Engineer Professional Experience Examples
Below are professional experience samples and are real world examples from mechanical engineers that have a wide variety of experience and skill sets.
Choose one or a combination on those that meet and match your experience and skill sets, and then use these as inspiration to write your own professional experience.
1. Mechanical Engineering Resume Example
Medical Device Research, Design & Development with focus on Class I and II Devices
Design and Development of Opto-Mechanical Systems
Design for Reliability, Six Sigma, Design Optimization, and Implementation of "Robust" Design Principles
Ultra-Precision Instrumentation, Component & System Design & Miniaturization
Intellectual Property Development, Patent Review, Claims Analysis
Parametric 3D Modeling & Analysis: SolidWorks / Creo Parametric (Pro/Engineer)
Finite Element Analysis (FEA), SW Simulation Professional, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
Product Development Lifecycle / Product Lifecycle Management in Design Control Environment following FDA's guidance for best practices
Engineering Design Controls (DHF / DHR / Compliance with FDA Directives)
FDA Quality Systems / ISO Standards (cGMP's / FDA 21 CFR Part 820)
Medical Device Standards and Directives (ISO 13485, ISO 10993, ISO 9001)
Supplier Management and Supervision, Contract Review & Negotiation, SOW Development, review and acceptance/approvals.
Cross-Functional Team Leadership
Risk Analysis & Risk Mitigation
- Technical Project Management
2. Senior Mechanical Engineering Resume Sample
Design HVAC, Hydronic, Plumbing, and Fuel Oil systems
- Perform cooling and heating load calculations using Trane Trace
Design duct and piping layout using various engineering tools such as AutoCAD and Revit
Select efficient and cost-effective equipment such as air handling units, chillers, condensers and pumps, based on load calculations
Perform site surveys to investigate existing conditions and discuss design with clients
Responsible for all disciplines with regard to project progress, meeting schedule and issuing of documents
- Lead client review meetings, prepare meeting minutes and develop cost estimates
3. Mechanical Design Engineering Resume Example
- Responsible for designs based on structural, thermal, and fluid analyses on conventional and advanced pressurized water reactor (PWR) components and systems.
- Developed finite element models of reactor pressure vessel and internals systems, and used them to perform dynamic transient analyses for seismic and loss-of-coolant accident (LOCA) loading conditions.
- Developed curves used for predicting the wear progression and remaining operation life of reactor head penetration thermal sleeves.
- Determined acceptability for several minimum baffle-barrel bolting conditions by performing loss-of-coolant accident and seismic analysis in ANSYS.
- Performed structural analyses of nuclear reactor internals components to the requirements of ASME B&PV Code Section III Subsection NG.
- Administered the Missouri Professional Engineer (PE) stamp on the Callaway Unit 1 and the California PE stamp on the Diablo Canyon Units 1 and 2 nuclear plant seismic and LOCA analysis engineering reports – as a licensed professional engineer in those states.
4. Senior Mechanical Engineering Resume Example
- Designed, Built, and Tested a prototype X, Y, and Z-Axis controls robot for automated protein purification, implementing Solidworks 2018 and Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Designed Built and tested a pneumatic dual flow Nozzle Design Seal for chromatography filtration
- Responsible for all quotes, orders, and inspection of 260 unique parts to build 15 prototypes in a year.
- Responsible for transferring all Models, Assemblies, Drawings, and Bill of Material (BOM)
- Applied Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for Stress, Fluid Flow, Heat Transfer, to optimize designs.
- Proficient with shop tools (Mill, Lathe, 3D Printers, etc.)
5. Entry Level Mechanical Engineering Resume Example
- Energy efficiency enhancement project.
- Data entry and analysis (statistical) of 83 schools in Brevard county for three years and Investigating energy end user forecasting (trend analysis) using Artificial Neural Network and regression modeling.
- Performed energy audits (field audits) for educational facilities in Melbourne, FL followed by completing:
- Utility Analysis: Rate schedule evaluation and rate structure calculations to look for the energy savings opportunity. Analyzed the incentives offered by the utility company to be taken advantage of.
- Performed energy analysis of the customer to get the end user energy consumption of the structurer.
- Recommended potential energy efficiency measures (replacing T8’s to LEDs, installing proximity and photo sensors, ice storage technology implementation, PV installation) with complete in-depth calculations of each efficiency measure that included energy saving, cost saving, tax benefit, implementation cost estimations, payback period.
- Presented ASHRAE level 2 report.
- Designed a piping and HVAC system in Revit and AutoCAD for retrofitting of a university dining hall.
6. Senior Mechanical Engineering Manager Resume Sample
- Managing highly experienced staff of Engineers and Technical experts supporting Global RC unit operations.
- Cross-functional support of Customers, Engineering teams, Project Managers, Sales, Field Services, Supply Chain, and Quality.
- Prioritize “Unit-Down”, “Urgent”, “Normal” Triage and assign best expert(s) for support and problem resolution.
- Utilize ServiceNow™ process for mobilization/coordination of Customer Case Management (CCM) & questions (ASK).
- Conduct coordination meetings to focus efforts for case resolution on New and After Market Units.
- Lead/oversee/perform Non-Conformance Analysis (NCA), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and “Safer” cases and failure analyses. Oversee Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) and Warranty Services.
- Support Corporate/General Management direction, goals, and HSE policies.
7. Mechanical Engineering (Robotics) Resume Sample
- Worked with external engineering contractors (engineering and design) on new robot design and production efforts
- Led the development and delivered large Camera/Light Testing Rig. Multiple cameras individually controlled by stepper motors and numerous LEDs, onboard PCs, speed controlled drivetrain, precision dials, LIDARs, encoders
- Worked with 2 ME interns. Projects: Motor Lifecycle Testing Rig & Optimum 3D Sensors Location
- Designed and prototyped robot docking station and charging mechanism
- Developed a spinning and nodding 3D LIDAR rig
- Designed structural components (chassis, brackets, ribs) and performed stress simulations
- Performed thermal and flow simulations on robot skin design for best heat management
- Utilized machine shop and rapid prototyping tools (Stratasys 3D printers) for design validation
8. Mechanical Engineering Resume Sample
- Designed, prototyped and produced mechanical/electro-mechanical components to optimize product for mass production. Transitioning product from EVT to PVT with DFM and DFA processes.
- Designed/prototyped and implemented reliability testing robotics to ensure life-cycle testing
- Built jigs and fixtures to significantly decrease assembly time
- Managed relationship with our contract manufacturer partner to improve process optimization on assembly line to ensure high speed/low cost product as Flare transitions from low to high volume build
- Managed relationship with our suppliers to ensure product quality standards
- Managed additional supplier outreach to ensure supply chain redundancy
- Inventory/Supply chain management using Propel (Salesforce)
- Technical Project Management using JIRA
9. Senior Mechanical Engineering Resume Sample
- Mentor engineering staff
- Project management of internal projects worth over $1.5 Million
- Warranty claim reduction of $2 Million
- Design $1Million cylindrical & planetary transmissions
- Design large structural weldments in accordance with AWS D1.1 standards.
- Design safety devices in accordance with ASME and other national standards.
- Manage and support all of the engineering software
- Product life increase of 25+% over OEM