Congratulations on taking the step towards updating your Electrical Engineering Resume. You've come to the right place, where this guide provides you with the best inspiration and resume templates to help you land a job.
Follow along for some of the most inspiring electrical engineering resume examples and samples that will help you craft your very own impactful resume. These are all real world examples from electrical engineers that have landed top jobs.
The top 5% and highest paid electrical engineers use a custom designed resume template.
Want in on the 5% of the top jobs?
Download one of our latest and top Electrical Engineering Resume Template today.
Why this template?
- It includes 1-page, 2-page and 3-page templates for your DevOps resume, unlike free resume templates.
- It is 100% editable via Microsoft Word, unlike resume builders.
- Tons of DevOps engineering resume samples and inspiration you can use in customizing this resume template.
- Battled-tested in the market for landing a 6-figure DevOps job.
Other Top Electrical Engineering Resume Templates
Electrical Engineering Resume Examples
Below are several resume examples for various electrical engineering roles and functions that will inspire you to craft your very own impactful resume. Use from this guide what’s relevant to your experience and background.
All of the following electrical engineering resume samples are real world examples from professionals that are currently employed as electrical engineers in top organizations across the country.
Electrical Engineering Resume Objective Samples
1/ Hugely passionate about Electric Vehicles. Industrial Experience in Off-road Electric Vehicle. Currently pursuing Masters in Electrical Engineering majoring in Power Electronics with Research thesis "Liquid Cooled GAN based Isolated DC DC converter for HEV applications". Strong Hardware and software experience with proficiency in software such as MATLAB, PLECS, SPICE, Altium PCB design, ANSYS 3D FEM.
2/ Current Electrical Systems Engineer at the #1 solar panel company. 7+ years experience specializing in electrical engineering, technology, power electronics, education and writing. Love analyzing, creating and integrating things and people so they work well together. I devise creative problem-solving methods for challenging and vague tasks, and enjoy learning new technologies and tools even when not requested.
3/ Versatile, reliable and efficient with 8+ years experience designing wire harness at OEM and Tier 1 level. Diversified skills include leadership, electrical systems architecture knowledge, flexible with proven analytical skills. Instrumental at achieving the first BEA Body Direct runners buses. Professional, adept to support project management and deadlines at high paced environments. Self-driven, capable of working independently or as part of a team.
4/ I have nearly three years of experience working in a 1,200+ MW power plant as a Reliability (Facility) Engineer with adequate training and exposure in operation, maintenance and testing of electric equipment. I used to troubleshoot the electrical defects & test equipment in field, facilities, switch yards, etc. and maintain the plants' parameters/equipment to ensure continuous generation, transmission and distribution of power.
5/ Over 40 years of Electrical and Instrumentation engineering experience. Specialist on Power System Engineering and Studies - running SKM Power Tools, ETAP or Easypower, for oil & gas, power plants, LNG plants and petrochemical plants; including Hazardous Area Class Plans. Secondary discipline on digital Instrumentation and Automation with PLC's. Registered Professional Engineer in Texas, AL, FL, MS, OH and VA.
6/ Engineering executive with broad technical, business and market experience. Proven ability to deliver products under tight budget and schedule constraints with demanding specifications. Demonstrated team builder able to form and manage high performance teams. Able to act as a strong individual technical contributor with extensive software, electrical, semiconductor, systems, and mechanical engineering as well as program management experience.
7/ My passion is making electronic devices. Of great personal interest are devices that solve life safety, pure water, clean energy, infrastructure, and public health problems. I seek strategic opportunities (solutions to your problems) to define, plan, analyze, prototype, implement and sustain electronic products and assemblies.
TIP: Read our career objective guide for examples on how to craft an impressive first impression.
Key Electrical Engineer Skills Examples
CATIA 2019 3D Experience ELD, SEF & EMP.
CATIA V5 2D design 2015
CATIA V5 3D design 2015
Capital Harness XC
Saber HarnessMixed-Signal PCB Design & Layout
High-speed/RF Layout until 50GHz
High-Density (HDI) layout using micro-vias; blind, buried, stacked, via-in-pad
Post-layout Signal Integrity simulation of high-speed layout using ANSYS HFSS
- Post-layout Signal & Power Integrity simulation using ANSYS SIwave; DC-IR drop showing current/power density, Impedance Scan, Icepak Electrothermal Mapping
- High-Speed differential signaling
Schematic symbol creation
Layout for fine-pitch components such as LGA, BGA, QFN, PQFP, etc
Analysis of component placement and trade-offs
Analysis of layer stack-up
PCB Fab houses for manufacturing designs (DFM)
Split Power and Ground Planes
Noise cross-talk/EMI reduction techniques
Layout design with thermal considerations
- Impedance control for high speed RF & Digital transmission lines
DFM & DFT
Rigid-flex & flex designs
Board bring-up full-cycle
Electronics system-level integration and design
Altium Designer versions 14 through 20+
- Signal characterization using bench-top test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzer, Vector Network Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Function Generator, etc
Electrical Engineer Professional Experience Examples
Below are samples from across electrical engineering roles with varying experience levels and those that have worked in different types of companies.
Use these only as inspiration, but these electrical engineering resume samples will give you enough insights into how you should craft yours to make an impact on the recruiter or the hiring manager.
1. Electrical Engineering Resume Example
Creation of 3D wiring harness and electrical schematics for Coach buses.
3D and 2D Layout for electrical wiring systems installation and Production drawings.
- ECU and I/O system administrator.
- Bus Electronic Architecture Body Software responsible.
Solid skills for communication Protocol Diagnostics (CAN, J1939, J1789, D-bus/B-bus).
Analyze MID and FMI diagnostics for critical electrical systems issues resolution (HVAC, Engine, Body Builder, Transmission, Chassis, Lighting).
- Diverse tools and apps exposure for the successful accomplishment of various tasks (CATIA V5, Saber Harness, TSP, BSP, OAS, KAP, CANalyzer, PROTOM, VMTedit by Microteam, SAP 730 & Microsoft Office Suite).
Active involvement in new global projects and supply chain development.
- Willing to take on more responsibilities as needed and devote time necessary to complete deadlines.
Able to travel to trainings and visit customers for troubleshooting.
- Support initiatives like Lean Manufacturing, DFMEA/PFMEA, Feasibility Analysis (APQP), Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), 5S’s
- Solid organizational skills.
- Compliance with Automotive standards, homologations and certifications (ISO TS16949, USCAR 21, EURO 5 & EURO 6).
2. Entry Level Electrical Engineering Resume Sample
- Work on substation-design by modeling, re-modeling, verifying the wiring diagrams, connection diagrams, control diagrams, etc. and marking it up using Revu as the software according to the client’s requirements.
- Work on protection and control (P&C) drawings for the transmission and distribution system as required.
- Design grounding plan, conduit plan and physical drawing plan of a substation and verifying if it is feasible to have the required structures in accordance with ampacity, size of conductors, load bearing capacity of the structure, etc.
- Perform required calculations for conductor-sizing, transformer-sizing, etc. and create a detailed report for the client.
- Design new power system and modify existing one as per the client’s requirements. Also, perform and modify the relay setting according to the new modifications and present power system.
- Perform the relay loadability test using ASPEN One-Liner and AcSELerator software.
3. Electrical Engineering Internship Resume Sample
- Worked on substation-design using ETAP and AutoCAD and modelled them as per the client’s requirements.
- Modelled and performed Load-Flow, Short-circuit & Arc Flash Analyses with ETAP as per the electrical drawings provided.
- Used AcSELerator’s Quickset and RTAC for Mirror-Bit (MB) programming of SEL’s relays and RTACs.
- Modeling and designing of control panels’ wiring and drawings along with cable sizes, length, etc. using AutoCAD.
- Designed and modelled circuit diagrams with European and American standards as per the clients’ requirements.
4. Senior Electrical Engineering Resume Sample
- Automotive xEV traction system testing. Mostly IPM motors, also tested Syn-rel and SRM. Maximum speed 14,000 rpm, maximum torque >2000 Nm and maximum power > 300 kW. Co-development model-based and model-based with hand-coded motor control software for motor testing. 70 kHz sampling frequency was achieved for SRM control.
- Designed/built/tested a 200 kW inverter for a novel motor testing.
- Some work on segmented inverter drive testing, mainly gate driver design, C control software development and testing. One patent is filed.
- Some work on current source inverter (CSI) for EV/HEV/PHEV applications-totally removed dc bus capacitors and still be able to do regenerative braking-ongoing, already published 2 papers, one of which won the Best Paper Award from VPPC(vehicle power and propulsion conference ) 2009;
- Some work on novel plug-in charger for EV/HEV/PHEVs without any added hardware- using traction motor and its inverter as a charger to reduce cost. A 14 kW charger was built with 240 V single phase input, the cost is almost zero. A PM motor and an IM motor were used as inductors and their inverters were used synchronous or interleaved switching mode. It wasfinished with 2 papers.
- Some work on a novel triple voltage bus dc/dc converter- interfacing 14V 42 V and HV bus with minimized active switches--finished with 4 papers including one with First Paper Award from IEEE IPCC 2008, one patent was filed.
- Integrated inverter- only use 10 IGBTs to drive two three phase PM motors in open-loop or closed loop fashion--finished with 3 papers.
- Maximum power point tracking(MPPT) of curved solar array without using a current sensor, --finished with 2 papers, 2004-2005.
- Direct torque control - finished with 2 IEEE journal papers, 2000-2004.
5. Senior Electrical Engineering Resume Example
- Implementation of a new microprocessor to expand the capability of an existing product line.
- Value added redesign of a control switch. Added 20% more LEDs while reducing the number of high cost drivers by 50%. Replaced a 1x33 configuration with a 2x24 matrix.
- Lead Electrical Design Engineer for Cadillac Que integrated center console. Sustain model year changes, part obsolescence, new specification requirements, service and quality support. Technologies include LCD video displays, deserializers, capacitive touch sensing, haptics, LED boost current controls, infrared proximity sensing, CAN, LIN, and GM LAN serial communications.
- Design test automation for design, validation and verification. Use tools including Venable, EMScan, and LabView to identify and fix power, noise, and EMC problems. Active in design reviews and process improvements.
6. Electrical Engineering Resume Sample
- Redesigned flying inductor buck-boost DC/DC power converter for an avionics application. Reduced input surge current, eliminated 7 E-Caps, added under voltage lockout, and eliminated ground bounce. Designed and built a bed of nails fixture for testing the same supply. Test fixture parametric functional test capabilities include noise and ripple.
- Designed and fabricated a dedicated functional test fixture for a 70 watt LED back light driver. Characteristics included a variable PWM modulator for controls limit testing, visual indicators, and output current measurement over the full operating range.
- RF noise mitigation. LCD backlight drivers. EKG simulation. Near field touch sensors. PIC24 series microcontrollers.
- Cost down development for single chip voice recorder/playback device. Class D audio drivers.
- Built a Rogowski coil for clamp on current measurement. Prototyped resonant converters and converted lamps from fluorescent to LED.
- Prototyped Servo control using AVR Arduino.
- Developed "RF sniffer" to locate radio frequency noise source nodes. Evaluated antenna methods and tuned circuits to extend operational range.
- Developed a pulse amplifier and quantifier for a plasma particle analyzer for satellite research in the ionosphere.
- Assisted in development and prototyping a 4-20 mA loop powered sensor interface. Executed printed circuit board layout and assembly.
- Developed a 277 Vac marketing strategy and plan for a LED supplier based on technology capability and competitive position. Developed PowerPoint sales presentations.
- Designed dimming power factor corrected LED lamp drivers for CRS Electronics PAR (20, 30, & 38) lamps sold under the Ever Ready brand in Canada. Created test jigs for measuring flicker and isolating root causes of dimming instability.
- Troubleshot and repaired a complex LED display system with only Japanese documents.
7. Electrical Engineering Resume Example
- Discuss projects with Supervisor and Manufacturing Applications Engineer to review functions of machines and equipment.
- Make electrical drawings in AutoCAD Electrical software.
- Identify and select proper electrical components and makes component layout drawing in AutoCAD.
- Write necessary programs (drives, PLC and HMI) to make machines functional.
- Startup machines and debug functions.
- Create schematics, layouts and BOMs.
- Work closely with Mechanical Engineering and Shop Machine Builders for accuracy.
- Direct wiring of main electrical panel and machine electrical components.
- Travel to customer site for machine start-up and possible resolution of machine problems (panel and wiring issues). Supply Sales Department with information as requested.