This guide arms you with the most impressive and impactful business analyst resume examples for your inspiration to help you create your own resume.
But, before we move forward, check out our most downloaded business analyst resume template that is ATS-friendly and can help you make that first impression with the recruiter or the hiring manager.
Download Our Latest And Top Business Analyst Resume Template
Why this template?
- It includes 1-page, 2-page and 3-page templates for your Business Analyst resume, unlike free resume templates.
- It is 100% editable via Microsoft Word, unlike resume builders.
- Tons of Business Analyst resume samples and inspiration you can use in customizing this resume template.
- Battled-tested in the market for landing a 6-figure business analyst job.
The best and the most popular professional business analyst resume templates are those that have been adopted by job seekers and favored by hiring managers and recruiters.
That’s the mark of a resume template that’s done its job well – helped you land your dream job as a business analyst.
Remember, you only need ONE to land that dream job!
Other Top Business Analyst Resume Templates
Business Analyst Resume Samples
These business analyst resume samples will aid as an inspiration to help you craft an impressive and impactful resume for your job applications.
These are real world examples from business analysts that have successfully gotten a job and are doing exceedingly well in their careers.
Business Analyst Career Summary Examples
Stand out by crafting a persuasive career or professional summary statement. This is the first paragraph that a recruiter or hiring manager comes across and you're bound to leave a lasting impression if you craft it right.
Here are some examples that will aid as an inspiration to write your own effective resume.
1/ Passionate IT professional using key business analytical insights to willfully disrupt how work gets done. Shifting the mindset of decision makers to take thoughtful risks re-imagining how work can be done differently is rewarding! Being a good listener to business stakeholders to assist them in definition and optimization of what they want to improve is my super power.
2/ Strong Data Analyst with 10+ years of experience in diverse environment from Data Governance and data analytics, Project management, Database Development and Finance and accounting management with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Strong Data Development/Data Analyst and project management professional with a Graduate focused in Applied Information Technology from Towson University.
3/ 15+ years facilitating successful JAD sessions and producing "spot on" requirements and design deliverables including User Stories, BRDs, FRDs, Data Models, and Page Layout requirements. Experience creating Process and Data Flow diagrams documenting current and future states, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, and UAT management on many large projects. This varied breadth of experience combines nicely with an entrepreneurial approach. The result is a clear, concise communication style, creative problem solving skills, and a focus on innovation, customer service, meeting deadlines, and bringing in projects within budget.
4/ Passionate individual with over 12 years of Analytics, Supply Chain, Project and Data Management experience in both large and small corporations. Proven support, value, and leadership to Sales, Operations, Supply Chain, Business Planning, Strategy, and Material Control departments. Hands on experience with Oracle and SAP ERP systems, applicable knowledge of Market Research, Business Intelligence, Data Blending, and Visualization software: NPD, IDC, Gartner, Oracle Discoverer, Alteryx, and Tableau.
5/ Experienced Business Analyst and Certified Salesforce Administrator helping to guide and improve processes in new and seasoned salesforce.com instances. Experience in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Community Cloud. Fifteen plus years of sales and technology experience, supporting and training clients, leading sales teams, directing key projects, creating business process and providing technology solutions.
6/ 10+ years of IT experience in Business Analysis, Vendor Management, Project Management, Quality Assurance, and Recruiting with strong leadership, organizational and communication skills. Due to my passion for constantly challenging myself and learning new concepts, I’ve found a fascinating yet comforting career in an industry that offers something different each and every day.
Technical Experience and Skill Sets for Business Analysts
There are a host of skill sets that a business analyst will acquire over the span of their career. Below are just some of those examples that you can use in your CV based on the level of your proficiency.
Waterfall and Scrum Methodologies, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Communities experience, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, Visio, and Access, Google Suite of Business Apps, SQL, JIRA, Confluence, Pivotal, SmartSheets, Lucid Charts, SharePoint, Qualtrics, Automated Workflow (AWD), Automated Underwriting (ALLFINANZ), ErWin, API, XML, QlikView, Quality Center, TFS, Remedy, Crystal Reports, Balsamiq, Salesforce CRM Administration, Web Design & Social Media administration, Market Expansion Strategies, New Business Development, Territory Startup, Strategic Partnership Building , Sales Team Management, Team Training, Key Account Management, Complex Negotiation, Management of Sales Cycle, Sales Forecasting, Conducted sales presentations.
Related: See our guide on resume objectives across different roles to help you craft the perfect one.
Business Analyst Professional Experience Examples
1. Senior/IT Business Analyst Resume Sample
- Use Multiple data extraction tools and processes for a wide variety of source ERP and CRM systems - SAP, Infor, Intuitive, Mapics, SFDC, Oracle, JD Edwards.
- Key BI resource for the company, supporting multiple business units.
- Actively involved with Tableau, Cognos, Power BI, SSAS, SSIS and other BI systems.
- Gather stakeholder input and determine optimal solution to meet needs.
- Collaborate with internal experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Manage projects from beginning to end, defining project plans, budgets, resource requirements and schedules.
- Knowledge of data warehouse and reporting “best practice” models, techniques and processes.
- Proficient with multiple database systems.
- Ability to analyze data to get at the root cause of issues (i.e. reporting logic, process issues, data entry errors, etc.) and communicate findings to the business as well as educating the end users to be self-sufficient.
- Identify, develop, and implement programs to increase user adoption and awareness on BI solutions.
- Identify open source alternatives to increase productivity and reduce expenses.
- Develop blueprint for migration to AWS/Azure.
2. Entry Level Business Analyst Resume Sample
- Assisted the Product Owner for a technical Agile development team creating Epic’s, Feature’s, User Stories (PBI) within Azure DevOps.
- Participated as a member of a technical Agile development team refining stories, creating success criteria and manual test cases (in Azure DevOps) that were designed to be transformed into test automation.
- Elicited, captured and maintained business system requirements and an Agile development team with functional architecture and solution using UML drawings and wireframing UI’s (using Balsamiq).
- Partnered and worked with other business divisions, technology and application development teams to design or select solutions that appropriately meet the business needs.
- Communicated with product owner and stakeholders using data process models to clarify and validate requirements. Deliver artifacts such as functional requirements documents, user stories, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, infrastructure diagrams and screen designs through wireframing.
- Oversaw and participated in implementation, coordinating UAT and support initiation of the system to validate performance and ensure all business requirements and their integrity are maintained.
- Addressed issues and questions related to intended functionality of the system, as well as support the business in implementing the required changes to make effective use of the new system. Often the first point of contact for user support and problem solving.
- Built and configured applications on platforms that require no extensive coding effort.
- Managed routine projects and support Product Owner with respect to project status and roadmap creation and maintenance.
- Scheduled and facilitated Scrum ceremonies, meetings, perform system demonstrations, and document user feedback to ensure rapid adoption of new tools and processes.
- Reviewed, validated and coordinated execution of functional and performance test plans for proper functionality coverage.
3. Salesforce Business Analyst Sample
- Utilizing Scrum Methodology, responsible for requirements workshops, documenting Current and Future State process flows, defining user stories and acceptance criteria, and managing UAT as well as QA and collaboration on design.
- Defined roadmaps for system migration preparation including data cleansing approach, integration system requirements, and data mapping.
- Worked closely with business champions in refining and negotiating scope for migrating from legacy CRM system, establishing strategies for risk mitigation, and developing a training program.
- Responsible for data modeling, page layout design, integration testing, data mapping, and test management.
- Using Skuid integration with Salesforce to develop robust UI resources for internal and external users, then implementing & deploying resources using Visualforce.
- Using Change Sets to deploy and manage configurations across multiple environments.
- Familiar with GearSet as a separate tool for change management between environments and pushing large-scale releases to production environments.
- Trained and mentored new Business Analyst and QA team members.
4. Business Intelligence Analyst Resume Sample
- Lead full projects from inception to launch and work on complex business problems.
- Design and implement new enhancements including the creation of custom objects, workflows, process builders, validation rules, approval processes and custom apex solutions.
- Work with Squares across the company (business, finance, marketing, product, engineering, customer support) as the business partner in using Salesforce to gain operational efficiencies.
- Handle all inbound user requests, troubleshoot, and respond to them in a timely manner.
- Act as liaison between our business partners and the development team.
- Perform and document program unit tests based on sample data, stipulated functional test conditions and stipulated expected results.
- Create and maintain thorough, up-to-date, functional and technical systems documentation.
5. Business Data Analyst Resume Sample
- Analyzed and Visualized payment transactions data using Python and Tableau to measure key performance indicators by data analytics and statistical segmentation.
- Created a two-stage framework of customer behavior analysis using K-means clustering algorithm and an association rule inducer for analyzing bank databases.
- Created credit card fraud detection model using Keras and TensorFlow as the backend.
- Created Product Backlogs, Sprint Backlogs using JIRA, Excel Power Pivot and Pivot Charts.
- Reported on project efficiency to team members and senior management using customized Tableau dashboards.
- Evaluated existing Mobile payment feature to emulate the process in a newer platform.
- Functioned as the bridge between the functional business unit and IT participated in sprint planning, daily scrums, testing, retrospectives and sprint reviews.
- Provided input into design, software development, software integration testing, and release of the product.
- Assisted QA in understanding the new features of payment module.
- Performed User Acceptance testing and prioritized issues logged by QA.
- Participated in hardening cycle of testing with QA
- Received “Employee of the Year - 2016” award for excellent performance and initiatives.
6. Agile Business Analyst Resume Sample
- Take the lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner.
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.