Are you currently searching for a new role as an art director or just looking to update your resume?
To simplify one part of your job application process, we've compiled art director resume templates to download and resume samples for inspiration on crafting an impressive and effective resume.
Art direction is a highly specialized niche and building a career as an art director requires creative thinking and visualization, but at the same time, being adept at technology, tools and the craft.
Want in on the 3% of the top jobs? Download our most popular Art Director resume template today.
Why this template?
- It includes 1-page, 2-page and 3-page templates for your art director resume, unlike free resume templates.
- It is 100% editable via Microsoft Word, unlike resume builders.
- Battled-tested in the market for landing a 6-figure art direction job.
Here are some popular art director resume samples for inspiration.
Art Director Resume Samples
These art director resume samples are from various levels of experience and expertise and may apply to many different industries.
Choose the one that best suits your level of experience and industry, for inspiration while crafting your resume.
Art Director Resume Summary Examples
1. I am a storyteller, energized by collaboration, who strives for smart solutions that elevate the human experience with a demonstrated history of leading large-scale marketing campaigns across various channels including digital, social and print. If you’re looking for an agile, experienced and empowering leader and partner you are at the right place. My passion for creative solutions drives me to take on various projects and challenges.
2. Creative, adventurous, and hard-working with a proven track-record of translating brand vision and business goals into leading-edge videos, graphics, and photography that delight and inspire the 20-something market.
3. I am a highly motivated, passionate designer. I have over ten years of experience in visual communication and brand identity development. I analyze market trends and conducting research from concept development to final execution. I have expertise in strategy development, design, web design, social media design, package design, interior design, and marketing for a wide, diverse group of industries.
4. Art Director/Graphic Designer with substantial experience in ad agencies, design firms, in-house marketing departments and as a freelancer. Demonstrated expertise in creating original solutions to visual marketing and branding. Ability to manage others and maintain individual tasks on time and on budget. Exceptional communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, organized, approachable, flexible and collaborative.
5. Award-Winning Art Director with over 5 years of professional experience and a Master's Degree in Experience Design. I believe platforms and mediums don't matter, passion does which is why red is my favorite color. I am a throat player for a Death Metal band 'Wired Anxiety' and write lyrics too. My GoPro+Selfie Stick is an extension of my right arm.
6. I am an Art Director with an emphasis on graphic design, branding, digital and print work. I strive to make creative work that is pleasant and straightforward with a range across various platforms. A sharp eye for detail and interest in popular culture, enhance my ability to generate designs that are accessible to multiple audiences while maintaining colorful workmanship.
7. Experienced Creative Art Director with a demonstrated history of working in the marketing and advertising industry. Skilled in Digital Strategy, Corporate Identity, Integrated Marketing, Advertising, and Interaction Design. Strong marketing professional with a Bachelor's degree focused in Advertising from Academy of Art University.
8. I'm a New York City-based Creative Director, Art Director, and Designer who advocates for insightful strategic thinking and impactful creative solutions. I have 8+ years of work experience in start-ups, agencies, and corporate environments and have worked with clients as diverse as Walmart, Estée Lauder, Howard's, Coterie Party, Blue Apron, Bloomingdale’s, Amazon, Martha Stewart, Macy’s, Michael’s, Home Depot, Chrissy Teigen, Whole30, WeightWatchers, Sally Hansen, and Beyoncé.
Key Skills For Art Directors
- Art direction
- Graphic design
- Web design/HTML and CSS
- Concept development
- Creative strategy
- Creative direction
- Digital photography
- Brand development
- Vector illustration
- Corporate branding
- User experience design
- Experience design
- Interactive marketing
- Digital strategy
- Brand strategy
- Integrated marketing
- Logo design
- Creative problem solving
- Softwares: Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Studio, Lightroom, After Effects, QuarkXPress.
1. Junior Art Director Resume Sample
- Built, partnered, and managed client relationships to create the best experiences for brands.
- Developed strategies to accelerate growth for new and existing branding and campaign efforts.
- Created deliverables that included print, digital and OOH as ways to increase engagement with their audience.
- Launched redesigns on digital products which included UX, Visual Design and testing.
- Provided clients with copy editing, digital tech support and design documentation throughout the scope of the projects.
2. Art Director Resume Sample
Collaborated with the marketing team and executive teams within Global Brands on creative concepts and briefs for seasonal campaigns and internal projects.
Art & Creative Direction, Photography, Retouching, Video Editing, and Videography, for Key Initiatives, Collaborations and Performance Tennis for select projects.
Production of new concepts, recurring on-brand templates, and execution of marketing collateral for branded emails, social media, web banners, advertising, look books, OOH, etc.
Oversaw companies creative vision, working with internal team and vendors to ensure a high standard of visual execution across all media and campaigns.
Manage the company’s internal file sharing service via Dropbox, One-Drive and Adobe Creative Cloud and build an intrasystem based on WordPress, direct the process of keeping files organized, uploaded and updated globally.
Inspire and motivate the marketing team to be creatively progressive, through the application of fresh and inventive visual work.
Uncover new ways to incorporate emerging and new media formats into campaigns on the homepage using microsite designs and social media activations.
Management of a team of vendors which may include: Freelance Graphic Designers, social media agency, photographers, and more. Partner daily with Marketing Managers, Copy Writers, Business leads, Footwear and Graphic Designers.
The visual direction of kswiss.com and all global websites where possible, and management of online marketing assets, including microsites, web banners, etc.
Provide creative direction for in-store and tradeshow presence, create or direct assets for events as well as mockups before production.
- Budgeting responsibilities including monetary negotiations with outside vendors, agencies and talent in concert with legal and HR.
3. Senior Art Director Resume Sample
- Lead design process for email marketing initiatives and campaigns, advised creative team on design tasks and projects, worked 1:1 with creative director to design brand standard creative.
- Planned, developed, and executed social media strategy, campaigns, and content.
- Oversaw all visual brand decisions, from social media creative, digital marketing creative and design, ads, print design and labeling, visual design and web design mocks.
- Lead a photographer and team on set for photo shoots.
- Location scouting and casting.
- Developed creative and content direction for photo shoots, coordinate talent, and direct on set.
- Designed wireframes for web and mobile app experience and user interface design.
- Planned, developed, and executed social media strategy, campaigns, and content.
- Created and developed strategic ideas, managed teams and oversaw cross-culture initiatives for major brands in the US and Latin-America.
- Helped the agency be placed in the prestigious AdAge's A-List.
4. Junior Art Director Resume Sample
- Art directed core vehicles of the game and all paint jobs and cosmetic items.
- Worked with internal and external artists from early concept blockouts to final deliveries to ensure all parts came together in a unique and uniformed look.
- Managed local and international outsource deliverables daily.
- Coordinated among departments to ensure all parts were up to optimization standards for implementation.
- Worked directly with Creative Director and lead technical artist on the visual direction of the open world. Provided paint-overs and created extensive style guides.
- Collaborated with UI/UX artist to determine the style of HUD and overall game UI. Provided detailed mockups of menus, and created most of the UI assets, icons and in-game art. Assisted in implementation in UMG.
- Created key art, game logo, and all marketing materials. Coordinated game localization.
- Worked directly with publisher and managed external agencies to determine the creative direction of all branding elements and creative direction of social media campaign.
5. Senior Art Director Resume Sample
- Consistent vision for corporate branding across the multi-vertical sales organization.
- Brand marketing, advertising, campaign development, strategy, user experience design, email marketing and social media engagement. Including: branding for corporate events, conferences and tradeshows, internal and external marketing campaigns, print collateral, direct mail, online advertising, e-books, white papers, web and interactive design, thought leadership partnerships and social media.
- Art direction and design, from conceptual thinking through to launch.
- Content marketing and collateral to generate qualified leads to sales team: landing pages, gated content, resource center, internal marketing site,
- Develop/maintain corporate website in Wordpress for lead generation and product marketing
- Promote a positive corporate x with participation and managing fundraising efforts.
- Working with copywriters, product marketers, front and back end developers and marketing professionals to create great content.
6. Art Director Resume Sample
- Work with clients and peers to determine scopes, timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Performed research to gain an understanding of target audience(s) and business objectives.
- Conceptualized, developed and executed original design solutions.
- Presented design solutions to clients.
- Coordinated and managed the efforts and workflow of design team.
- Attended casting calls.
- Attended and art directed photo shoots, both in studio and on location.
- Worked closely with clients and project teams to finalize design solutions.
- Created project specifications for print production.
- Worked with printer and prep-team to finalize pre-production.
- Lead press checks during print production.
Awards and Recognition Samples for Art Directors
AdAge Top 10 Viral Videos
Adweek's Spot of the Year
SHOOT! Magazine Top Ten Spot of the Year
- People's Choice Top Ten Spot of the Year
- Red Chords Leadership Honors
- 2014 Fall President's List
- 2013 Fall & 2014 Spring Dean's List
- Merit Scholarship for 4 Years
- GOLD ADDY® Award [National] 2020
- GOLD ADDY® Award [Atlanta] 2020
- Graphis New Talent Annual 2018
- Adobe Design Achievement Awards, Social Impact Category Semifinalist
Certification Samples for Art Directors
- Adobe Certified Associate in Digital Video Using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Certified Associate in Visual Design Using Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Certified Associate in Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator
- Photoshop CC Mastery
- Illustrator CC Mastery
- InDesign CC Fundamentals
- Logo Trend Report 2017-2018
- Logo Design: Visual Effects
- Layout and Composition: Grids
- Logo Trend Report 2018-2019
- Learning Art Direction