Secretaries are more important than ever. The roles may have changed, and most jobs have diversified to different roles, but a secretary remains the same. A secretary keeps the executive on schedule, assists with various tasks, and acts as a gatekeeper for the managers. If you’re applying as a secretary, these sample resumes can increase your chances of getting hired. If you need more help in writing a resume to get a job as a secretary, read our guide to writing effective secretary resumes.
Sample Secretary Resume 1
Somewhere, KS 55555 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
SECRETARY | ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Technically skilled administrative support professional valued for multitasking strengths, organizational abilities and diplomatic handling of confidential
- Advanced command of MS Office along with strong business and financial management skills. Leverage technology to elevate efficiencies, boost productivity, save costs and improve processes.
- Loyal and resourceful professional known for commitment to exceeding employer expectations.
- Office Management
- Bookkeeping, A/R & A/P
- Financial Reporting
- Records Management
- Executive & Administrative Support
- Customer Relations & Communications
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Scheduling & Calendar Management
- Meeting & Event Planning
- Spreadsheets & Data Entry
- Payroll Administration
- Project Management
ABC COMPANY (Somewhere, KS)
Secretary to CEO and CFO, 5/xx to Present • Receptionist, 6/xx to 5/xx
Promoted to serve as “right hand” to senior executives. Oversee office management, customer relations, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, HR benefits, tax filing and special project management.
- Entrusted to manage high-priority projects, including office downsizings, relocations throughout the Midwest and launch of applicant tracking system that accelerated job-fill times by 25%.
- Led vendor sourcing and negotiations to capture $275K in annual cost savings. Negotiated favorable rates and terms for software licenses, office supplies, corporate travel and insurance premiums.
- Managed A/P, A/R, and reconciliation activities; coordinated tax filings; served as point-person and facilitator for valuation and year-end audits; and supported accounting manager in daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
A DIFFERENT COMPANY (Another Town, KS)
Secretary, 5/xx to 6/xx
Provided administrative support for senior managers that included coordinating calendars; arranging travel; and creating reports, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and board meeting minutes.
- Repeatedly praised for keeping executive offices running smoothly. Handled broad responsibilities; fielded an array of requests from internal/external customers; and thrived within busy environment requiring the ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects.
- Assisted recruiters and HR managers with human resources functions, including payroll administration, applicant screening, insurance renewals and review of $2M in annual premiums.
XYZ COLLEGE (Somewhere, KS)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Kansas Notary Public (current)
Sample Secretary Resume 2
Address: Street, City, State, ZIP Code
Phone: (555) 555-1234
- Management: 10+ years of experience supporting high-level executives and managing administrative departments
- Leadership: Trained and supervised more than 25 administrative staff over a 5-year period to aid firm expansion
- Microsoft Office: Possess MOS Expert Certification
- Initiative: Executed an environmental initiative that saved over $4500 in office supplies costs
Microsoft Office Certification
2010 – 2012
Maine College, ME
- Active Listening
- Office Suite
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
February 2017 – Present
ABC & Associates, Sometown, ME
- Maintain partners’ schedules, keep accurate records, and organize travel arrangements
- Manage office organization and general workflow from supporting staff members
- Trained and supervised more than 25 administrative staff over the past 5 years during firm expansion
- Spearheaded the “Go Green” initiative, which reduced office paper use by 85% and saved roughly $4500 over 2 years
February 2015 – January 2017
DE & F Law Firm, Another Town, ME
- Maintained confidentiality of highly sensitive corporate and financial resources
- Streamlined process for handling administrative correspondence, leading to a 25% efficiency increase
- Prepared detailed bi-weekly reports for firm partners
- Booked external conference facilities and saved the company over $500 a month by researching new venues
October 2012 – January 2015
GHI Insurance Group, Some City, ME
- Recorded, transcribed, and distributed minutes of daily meetings
- Answered, screened, and directed phone calls to the appropriate departments using a multi-line system
- Maintained supplies of office equipment and ordered new stationery on a monthly basis
- Performed administrative duties including photocopying and filing while greeting visitors and responding to queries
Sample Secretary Resume 3
Street, City, State, ZIP Code
A secretarial position in a dynamic work environment.
An experienced secretary with a proven track record of successfully managing simultaneous projects and meeting deadlines consistently
and accurately. A strong administrative background coupled with excellent computer skills facilitates the provision of complete secretarial support. A self motivated worker who is able to communicate effectively at all levels.
ABC Technology Co., San Francisco, CA
May 2018 – Date
- provide full secretarial support to Human Resources Manager
- handle all incoming correspondence
- prepare wide range of communications, reports and documents
- schedule and co-ordinate meetings, appointments and events
- prepare and distribute minutes of meetings
- co-ordinate and follow up on interviews
- liaise with management, candidates and external providers
- source and collate employee data
- maintain complete employee database
CDE Property Company, San Francisco, CA
August 2015- March 2018
- provided secretarial and administrative support to Human Resources Department
- prepared correspondence, reports, minutes and newsletters
- monitored and advertised vacancies
- scheduled interviews and meetings
- organized appraisals, grievance hearings, disciplinary procedures
- collated and updated policies and procedures manuals
Community College College, Somewhere, CA
Diploma in Business Administration 2015
- MS Office
- HRM Software
- Typing skills – 70 wpm
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills
- organizational and planning skills
- communication skills
- data collection and management
- attention to detail
- problem analysis
Available on request
Sample Secretary Resume 4
Address: Street, City, State
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: (555) 555-1234
Dedicated and accurate professional Secretary who excels at performing any administrative duties, such as managing correspondence, executing data entry, scheduling meetings, and maintaining calendar. The Top Collaborator Award winner committed to delivering high performance and great results. Fanny is currently seeking a Secretary position with a forward-moving firm.
07/2016 – 03/2019, Secretary, ABC Group, Inc., City, State
- Answered phone, responded to emails, and greeted visiting clients and partners on a daily basis, ensuring that company procedures and policies were followed.
- Managed correspondence, recorded information, maintained staff records, and performed other administrative duties as assigned by manager.
- Collaborated with the Technology department on the development of a new electronic filing system.
- Generated monthly progress reports and presented findings to the Board of Directors.
- Won the Top Collaborator Award twice.
06/2014 – 07/2016, Secretary, DEF Consultancy, Inc., City, State
- Was responsible for all paperwork, including expense reports, invoices, payrolls, etc.
- Scheduled meetings, conferences, and maintained calendar.
- Executed data entry, dictated notes, filed various forms, corrected documents, and prepared cover letters.
- Managed travel arrangements and served as the first point of contact for visiting clients.
- The Employee of the Month Award winner for performing great work.
09/2010 – 05/2014, High School, Sometown School, Sometown, State
Graduated with Distinction
Clubs and Societies: Dance Club, Volleyball Team
EnGlobe, Azeus Convene
enVisual 360, Boardable
10/2017 – 12/2017, Fundraiser, Missionaries of Charity, City, State
05/2016, Certified Professional Secretary, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
Sample Secretary Resume 5
Address: Street, City, State ZIP Code
Phone: (555) 555-1234
Current job: Secretary at ABC Group
To secure a position as a secretary in an established, professional company that boasts a dynamic work environment and an outstanding reputation.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel
- Experience working in a wide array of working environments
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Fast and accurate typing skills (80 wpm)
- Quick learner, proficient with various databases
- Experience writing invoices and agendas
- Ability to provide bilingual (English and Spanish) administrative, secretarial and customer service
- Excellent public relations, written and verbal skills
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Committed to cultivating relationships with clients and customers
ABC Group, City, State
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide bilingual customer service
- Write memos, invoice reports, and agendas
- Fax, scan, photocopy and organize company documents
- Attend meetings and write meeting minutes
DEF Inc., City, State
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provided executive-level assistance
- Made travel arrangements and prepared agendas for company executives
- Customer relations
- Organized and handled complex administrative and project assignments
- Responsible for answering and handling incoming and outgoing phone calls
- Wrote invoices
GHI Company Ltd., City, State
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organized and arranged appointments and interview and training schedules
- Provided administrative assistance
- Maintained manual filing system
- Prepared agendas
- Faxing, archiving, photocopying, filing and scanning documents
- Answering incoming and outgoing phone calls
- Provided bilingual administrative, secretarial and customer service
College, State University, City, State
Associates in Business Administration, 1996-1998
City High, City, State
High School Diploma
1990-1994, 3.8 GPA
- Principles of Business Financing
- Introduction to Marketing
- Report Writing
- Introduction to Accounting
- Fundamentals of Business
- Civil Status: Married, no children
- Date of Birth: 07/26/1976
- Hobbies: knitting, flying kites, and doing the crosswords