mmon technologies and innovations.
March 2011 – present
- Redesigned an assembly process using computer-assisted technology to help improve product quality, resulting in a 25 percent reduction in consumer returns.
- Engineered a new and unique manufacturing process with customized pieces of equipment for a new product line.
- Oversaw a team of 12 engineers and other staff in the production and manufacturing design of a series of existing products.
November 2007 – March 2011
- Investigated and reconciled problems in the manufacturing process when a large number of customer returns occurred in a short period of time.
- Launched a new manufacturing layout with reconfigured machinery for an existing product line that improved production speed by six percent.
- Developed a series of training manuals for staff to follow when new machinery or production processes were implemented.
September 1999 – November 2007
- Assessed prototypes of new or improved product lines to determine best methods of achieving cost-effective mass production.
- Identified project cost estimates and calculated additional budgetary necessities for new product line production.
- Pioneered more sustainable and energy-efficient production methods that led to a reduction in resource usage by 10 percent.
Education and Training
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Certified Manufacturing Engineer
Society for Manufacturing Engineers
- Excellent understanding of mechanical processes, tools and other aspects of machine usage and repair.
- Highly skilled in mathematics and applying subjects like arithmetic, calculus, geometry and other statistical information into my work.
- Comprehension of advanced design techniques and principles for optimal results when considering product and manufacturing designs.
- Strong listening skills, which helps me work better to diagnose and solve complicated problems in manufacturing.
- Outstanding reading comprehension ability when reviewing highly technical materials and manuals about machinery.
Hobbies and Interests
Active road biker. On weekends and some afternoons after work, I ride my bike across the city for fitness and enjoyment. Electric guitarist. I am the guitarist in a local blues band that performs in different parts of the region. Trivia team member. Every Wednesday, my friends and I participate in a team trivia contest at a neighborhood restaurant.
Sample Manufacturing Engineer Resume 4
Street Address, City, State Phone +1 (555) 555 1234
ABC Co., City, State
04/2014 – present
- Defining robot system architectures and developing communication protocols between robots and sub-systems
- Representing 3M Springfield IATD during internal and external customer interactions and audits
- Managing the initial manufacturing pilot builds of new products and managing cost reduction and productivity improvement projects
- Supporting and improving the manufacture and performance of existing products
- Working with design engineering in the final development of new products
- Working with Production personnel to work through production issues & implementing production changes
- Generating manufacturing documentation and processes (BOM management, assembly and test methods, tools, procedures & drawings
DEF Corp., City, State
08/2007 – 11/2013
- Manufacturing strategic leader
- Driving LEAN manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodologies
- Ensuring regulatory compliance through Validation & Verification – Plan execution and analysis
- Providing technical support for stamping manufacturing processes, facilities, and equipment
- Sourcing, specifying and purchasing production equipment within budgetary guidelines
- Working with R&D and PD to help transfer new products into production
- Educating and coaching suppliers in the application of relevant specifications and SABRe
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
State University, City, State
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite and MS project and basic knowledge of Solid Works
- Knowledge of testing, usability practices. Complete ability to write and execute test scripts and perform usability analyses
- Methodical/logical approach with strong attention to detail and results orientated with the ability to work to strict deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, Solidworks, CATIA and other applicable tools
- Have the ability to conduct design for manufacturability and inspectability assessments
- Knowledgeable about production quality metrics
- The ability to take the complex, break it down into easily communicable parts and teach to varying knowledge levels in the shop
- Knowledge of Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Process Quality Control Plans (PQCP) and Process Capability Studies (Cpk)
- Excellent communication, people relations, and motivation skills. Ability to develop good working relationships between department leaders
- Proficient with Solid modeling, CAD software. Knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor